Will X get double digit picks this year? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Will X get double digit picks this year?

Good grief look at the INT leaders by season since 1940. Ummm, 2007 rule changes and INT numbers went over a cliff:

From ‘74-‘81 you didn’t NOT have a guy w double digits. I remember that era like it was yesterday. Everson Walls, Lester Hayes, Mike Reinfeldt.

On another note I didn’t realize X led the NFL in picks 2x (tied for most in 2018).

Yes. We have way better offense this year. Forcing opposing offense to chase us on forth quarter, and better pass rush, thus open up for X.
10, easy money.

X is special. He’s been doing it since 2017 - most picks in football since and counting. Already a top 3 CB in find history w only Dick Anderson and Patrick Surtain being in the conversation for “best”.

Sam Madison belongs in that conversation. Honorable mention for Troy Vincent.

No....No way do I think he will have double digits ints this year. After the year he had last year I imagine a lot of teams will be staying away from him, and will go quite often to the opposite side from where he is playing.

He could get 8 INT's and that'd be very good. Forget about 14. That's just crazy. I mean if he can catch that well then they should move him to WR

Back to back seasons w double digit picks in this era? You do that post 2007 rule changes and you should be in the HOF immediately.

People who downplayed what X did last year, or who downplay how many picks he’s had since 2017 - or picks per game played - don’t understand how special he is. It’s hard to pick off passes today. Like, really hard.

The big rule changes that happened that directly led guys like Brees and Brady - who never through for 30 TDs or 4000 yards previously - to go over 5000 and 50+ TDs kinda make intercepting in large doses such an anomaly.

X is special. He’s been doing it since 2017 - most picks in football since and counting. Already a top 3 CB in find history w only Dick Anderson and Patrick Surtain being in the conversation for “best”.
Dick Anderson was a Strong Safety .... Shula top corner was only here a short time went on to several pro bowl with Philly and became president of NFLPA I think we went Wisconson Forgot his name X & Surtain are the best in franchise history with Maddison in third place

I think QB’s will throw away from Howard. Jones is not a big interception threat on the other side of Howard and Holland if he is a starting safety will likely have more interceptions than Howard.

I think Howard will end up with 5-7 INTs and Holland will have 8 ints.
😯 rookie with 8? Ill take that

You expect him to tie a 69 year old NFL record that's only been done once in NFL history? I think Tua has better odds of breaking Dan Marino's single season records.
Records are meant to be broken. Westbrook broke an unbreakable record in the nba recently

He will get double digit interceptions again. He's a ball hawk. He knows how to get them, it's a talent, and the man is talented. He will make it happen personally. He knows how to get them, and he will do it again. He will strive to match his personal best, and I can see him reaching double digits. No sweat.

Back
Top Bottom