Will you buy 1st round pick's jersey? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Will you buy 1st round pick's jersey?

Will you buy the 1st round pick's jersey?

  • Yes

    Votes: 28 39.4%
  • No

    Votes: 12 16.9%
  • Unsure

    Votes: 31 43.7%

  • Total voters
    71
  • Poll closed .

Ozzy

Premium Member
Joined
Apr 3, 2002
Messages
5,383
Reaction score
67
Location
Miami FLA
Nublar7 said:
Just curious to see how many people out there are planning on purchasing a jersey of our 1st round draft pick? I decided months ago that I would buy the jersey(Skill positions, no OL) just because two of my jerseys became useless late last July and I need to get one that I am proud to wear. So, any other potential buyers?


I will no doubt buy one, and two if they trade down. I have this problem with being at training camp, and not spending at least a C-Note. That's why I have 30 plus jerseys in my closet. :shakeno:

I'll probably get mine before most people because I'll be at the training camp when they first go on sale.

I don't think I can go wrong, but I would surely like it to be a nice fresh Ronnie Brown or a Braylon Edwards jersey. It won't phase me one bit to settle for a Benson, Caddy, or a Smith though.

Hopefully they will come out it in the Replathentic versions like last year. Stiched names and numbers over Replica material. One Hundred Bucks with a lot more wear time than reps, and a lot less money than authentics.
 

Nublar7

Retired FinHeaven Staff
Super Donator
Club Member
Joined
Aug 13, 2003
Messages
36,124
Reaction score
3,494
Location
120 mi west of Costa Rica
Ozzy said:
I will no doubt buy one, and two if they trade down. I have this problem with being at training camp, and not spending at least a C-Note. That's why I have 30 plus jerseys in my closet. :shakeno:

I'll probably get mine before most people because I'll be at the training camp when they first go on sale.

I don't think I can go wrong, but I would surely like it to be a nice fresh Ronnie Brown or a Braylon Edwards jersey. It won't phase me one bit to settle for a Benson, Caddy, or a Smith though.

Hopefully they will come out it in the Replathentic versions like last year. Stiched names and numbers over Replica material. One Hundred Bucks with a lot more wear time than reps, and a lot less money than authentics.
If history repeats itself, you will probably be able to Pre-Order the jersey Saturday night. I remember the Bills website was selling the Losman and Evans jerseys while the 2004 draft was only in round 2! I am pretty sure you can buy it then, but it will probably take a few extra weeks until they assign the player a number.
 

Roman529

Moon Runner / The 3 AM Crew
Joined
Jul 20, 2004
Messages
36,436
Reaction score
54
Age
56
Location
Belgium
I think I will buy an orange Wes Welker. :)
 

Cedric_Benson

☠️ Banned ☠️
Joined
Apr 20, 2005
Messages
238
Reaction score
0
I almost bought myself a david boston jersey last season..lol
thank goodness i had a sudden change of heart
 

Ozzy

Premium Member
Joined
Apr 3, 2002
Messages
5,383
Reaction score
67
Location
Miami FLA
Nublar7 said:
If history repeats itself, you will probably be able to Pre-Order the jersey Saturday night. I remember the Bills website was selling the Losman and Evans jerseys while the 2004 draft was only in round 2! I am pretty sure you can buy it then, but it will probably take a few extra weeks until they assign the player a number.

Yes, last year was the first year teams did this, but the pre-order takes time to make, and then recieve, like you said. Which would be right around time for Miami's first mini camp. Instead of ordering them, I just call the proshop, leave my name and number, and tell them to call me the day they come in, that's in case they come early. :)

For many years you had to wait until July for them to hit the shelves, and it was always only a select few players. The wait cost teams, and the NFL a lot of money.
 

FuturePhin

Pro Bowler
Joined
Sep 24, 2003
Messages
2,331
Reaction score
66
Off the topic a little bit but am I the only one that thier jerseys #'s get shredded? Is there a special way to wash these??? Its happend to three jerseys and it makes them very uncomfortable to wear.
 

FireWrongstedt

☠️ Banned ☠️
Joined
Jul 25, 2004
Messages
2,917
Reaction score
0
Location
Jersey
Nublar7 said:
Just curious to see how many people out there are planning on purchasing a jersey of our 1st round draft pick? I decided months ago that I would buy the jersey(Skill positions, no OL) just because two of my jerseys became useless late last July and I need to get one that I am proud to wear. So, any other potential buyers?

clear.gif














I prefer to wait until a player proves himself before I buy his jersey.
 

Cedric_Benson

☠️ Banned ☠️
Joined
Apr 20, 2005
Messages
238
Reaction score
0
When you put it in the dryer, thats what makes the numbers peel off because of the heat...

So wash it, then hang it up to dry...
 

FuturePhin

Pro Bowler
Joined
Sep 24, 2003
Messages
2,331
Reaction score
66
Cedric_Benson said:
When you put it in the dryer, thats what makes the numbers peel off because of the heat...

So wash it, then hang it up to dry...


It doesnt peel off..It cracks and if you run your hands over it its like sand paper. I never put it in the dryer either. Do you turn the jerseys inside out maybe??
 

Ozzy

Premium Member
Joined
Apr 3, 2002
Messages
5,383
Reaction score
67
Location
Miami FLA
FuturePhin said:
Off the topic a little bit but am I the only one that thier jerseys #'s get shredded? Is there a special way to wash these??? Its happend to three jerseys and it makes them very uncomfortable to wear.

Wash it on gentle cycle, and either air dry it, meaning no heat, or hang dry it.

As I mentioned though, last year they came out with the replathentics. They cost slightly more, and are made to last much longer.
 

Ozzy

Premium Member
Joined
Apr 3, 2002
Messages
5,383
Reaction score
67
Location
Miami FLA
FuturePhin said:
It doesnt peel off..It cracks and if you run your hands over it its like sand paper. I never put it in the dryer either. Do you turn the jerseys inside out maybe??

The washer can tear it up, so wash in on gentle, or delicate cycle in COLD WATER only.
 

FuturePhin

Pro Bowler
Joined
Sep 24, 2003
Messages
2,331
Reaction score
66
Thanks Ozzy and CB. Ill have to go get a new jersey and try it out. One more couldnt hurt..lol
 

Regan21286

Wa Wa Wee Wa
Joined
May 6, 2003
Messages
5,463
Reaction score
0
Location
UCLA
I might not. I have bad luck with Dolphins jerseys. I bought a green Marino jersey 5 months before he retired but managed to get money back on eBay. Bought a white Griese jersey before the SD game and traded it for a Tampa one early last season. Bought a Ricky Williams orange jersey last year too and well, jury's still out on that one. If you want a player you want the Dolphins to rid of, just give me money to buy his jersey and he'll be gone in a flash. lol :lol:
 

WelcomeBack

Active Roster
Joined
Aug 5, 2004
Messages
2,618
Reaction score
24
Age
35
Location
Southern California
byroan said:
I just got a Orange Zach Thomas jersey and it's awesome. I'm hoping to buy a Brown jersey :wink:

As long as we can buy others for the later round pick and one can say McPherson :cooldude:


I would buy the jersey if it is either Brown, Benson, Smith, or Edwards. I also like having jersey's that nobody else has, so I will probably look at getting a jersey with any of our starting safeties other than Tebucky.
 

King Nate

His Majesty
Joined
Feb 7, 2005
Messages
4,183
Reaction score
0
Location
Orlando, Florida
Regan21286 said:
I might not. I have bad luck with Dolphins jerseys. I bought a green Marino jersey 5 months before he retired but managed to get money back on eBay. Bought a white Griese jersey before the SD game and traded it for a Tampa one early last season. Bought a Ricky Williams orange jersey last year too and well, jury's still out on that one. If you want a player you want the Dolphins to rid of, just give me money to buy his jersey and he'll be gone in a flash. lol :lol:

Wow, I would have kept that Marino jersey regardless. I'd still buy one today, in a heartbeat.
 
Top Bottom