Willams Numbers... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Willams Numbers...

85inthehall

Starter
Reaction score
Will he improve on his last three games??
denver 20 for 49yards
Pats 25 for 97 yards
GB 14 for 47 yards
what do you predict for your star RB against a revamped Jets D allowing 74 yards per game on the ground over the last 3?

I would expect Ricky to get 30 carries for 100+ yards - if we can stay away from giving the ball up and falling behind early. Ricky has been incredible - it is the rest of the O - other than perhaps McMichael - that have been disappointing to say the least the last 2 games.

When Lucas cant throw the ball, teams stack up the run so he doesnt get any yards. Lucas has to improve and our crappy Offensive Line has to improve before he can start churning out the numbers agian. Nobody respects either of them.

There's nothing "revamped" about the Jets defense. Its the Jets "revamped" offense that I am worried about under Chad Pennington. Unfortunately for us, it turns out that Chad Pennington is quite good. Fortunately for us, it may mean that they keep Paul Hackett as the offensive coordinator yet again this offseason.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, any offensive inconsistency you can blame directly on Paul Hackett. I was delightfully surprised when they kept him on for a second year after the debacle that constituted his play-calling in 2001. In 2002 his play-calling is even worst but Pennington is exceeding the bounds of the offense, so thankfully Hackett might be sticking around...and I'll still be laughing.

I am not sure if it was a case of hackett or a case of VT not buying into it. If Pennintgon can complete 70% of his passes, not make turnovers, and put points on the board I have no issue with hackett calling plays. It looks like pennington is grasping the WCO amazingly well. The last four weeks we have had 3 200+ yard passing games - 6 tds and only 2 int. The D held san diego under 300 total yards and they had to throw the entire second half. The team is gelling over the last 4 weeks .

Well lets be honest here, there's nothing especially potent about the Jets offense point-wise until they played San Diego (who I believe was missing Rodney Harrison).

Pennington is completing a high percentage, and they are now getting plenty of yards, but as of yet they were not getting touchdowns. Thats play-calling. You've got Curtis Martin, Pennington throwing like Montana, Coles and Chrebet renewed, and you're not scoring touchdowns? Remember what happened against the Browns just a week ago? Yeah. Play-calling. Hackett's a complete loser.

Its not the West Coast Offense. Its not the X's and O's of Hackett's offense. Its the plays he calls in succession throughout the game. Bass ackwards. He runs when he should pass and passes when he should run. This is not to be confused with running when the defense THINKS you're going to pass, and passing when the defense THINKS you're going to run. He's a rare talent this Paul Hackett, mixing inappropriate play-calls with a good amount of predictability. You don't see that often in a coordinator NOT named Kippy Brown...

with Vin at Qb we score
36 -(two St TDs in that one)

Chad starting

Obvisouly the scoring and confidence have improved..if you can break 20 in a game you are doing a solid job on offense -- 27.5 avg over 4 games -- looks like some scoring to me - take e away the punt returns and they are still avg 24 a game
The offense is clicking

Give the ball to Ricky. Running and dump off passes. Hopefully the defense will show up this sunday.

Ricky only has what 21 catches -- that was his knock in NO - not the greatest pass catcher

Originally posted by 85inthehall
Ricky only has what 21 catches -- that was his knock in NO - not the greatest pass catcher
He can only catch it if it's thrown to him.... I only remember 1 or two catchable balls he's dropped...

correct me if I'm wrong.

Almost everytime we put Ricky out in the flat for a dump pass he gains at least 4 yards. If we can't run the ball, we should use him for the short out's unless someone's open deep.

I thought it was great to see Ricky finally breaking it to the outside and beat the GB defenders to the corner... Too bad all the tunrovers so we couldn't give him the ball more. If he can keep doing that then teams won't be able to stack up between the tackles anymore. Thats how the Bills and Broncos kept him to such low ypc is by clogging all the lanes between the tackles...

Ricky is a wonderfully pounding runner, but if he can get used using his vision and speed more effectivley (i.e bouncing outside, or using the cutback lanes when necessary) he could be a great runner. In the first quarter against GB it looked like he was doing that.

Just need to leave him in the game and quit taking him out. He needs carries to be effective. If he only carry's around 15-20 times like he has we're done for in NY. Needs atleast 25-30 to give us a chance.

I'll try to make the explanation for Ricky not getting any yards simple.Lucas sucked in his two starts and teams are stacking up the line.The Jets took them this long to realize that Vinny had nothing left but they haven't realize thst they have a stud running back on the bench..
IMO the best running back in the Jets is on the bench.I think Lamont Jordan should get a chance next year or now ...He has size and strenght to run between tackles and he has the speed to break long runs..

Back
Top Bottom