Williams for AFC Offensive Player of the week? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Williams for AFC Offensive Player of the week?

I would have given it to Rich Gannon, but he had a couple of Jay Fiedler moments(stupid ints) so Ricky Williams is the winner.

Originally posted by TigerJ
Wow, a thread where some fin fans show some class, excepting the last post.

Well what did you expect..It was getting hard with all the Bledsoe love here..we're reasonable..Drew had a great game and Berman is a phins hater..so his post is a little justified.

Oh my gosh SMad. Fiedler is friggen leading the league in QB rating, and you still bash him? He's not Marino, but damn, their aren't too many other QBs that I would want leading our team!

I wouldn't worry about AFC Offensive Player of the WEEK...

With remaining games against a somewhat soft Jets defense, and a totally soft Kansas City defense, I'd start eying the AFC Offensive Player of the MONTH honors for the month of September.

Now unfortunately the real controversy is thus. If both Jay Fiedler and Ricky Williams continue on the path that they are on (ie Fiedler with a 123 QB rating and Williams leading the league in rushing) since both are very possible with games to play against the Jets D and KC D....who gets the AFC Player of the Month award? Fiedler or Williams? Fiedler's got 5 passing TDs, 1 rushing TD, and 1 interception in 2 games. Williams has 243 rushing yards and 62 receiving yards, with 3 total TDs...in two games. If they stay on that pace who would get it?

The only award I care about any of our guys winning is SuperBowl MVP... lets just hope that it's a Phin winning that one. ;)

How about Brock Marion for DEFENSIVE player of the week....He was directly responsible for the Colts losing the game......he stopped James on 4th and goal.....and he knocked down the pass to end the game.....Hard to be anymore valuable than that.

To be honest if not Bledsoe than Price with 13 catches 185 yds 2tds show get it . Don't it figure no matter how good 1 of our players does somebody does just alittle better to edge them out.

Back
Top Bottom