Williams "ran over" us? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Williams "ran over" us?

Quizlet

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I dont want to be rude but I was aw-struck when I read the below statement. Maybe Im just taking it wrong.

4) Ricky Williams: Combined for 119 yards and ran over the Buffalo linebackers.

_________

But before the game you all said our defense was horrible and yours was GREAT. Now. Ricky had 119 yards on 30 carries or more. That is about 3.9 yards per carry. Not that great against our (quote) "horrible" defense.

Yet Travis henry on 22 carries had about 20 yards more. So he was averaging 6 yards per carry.... just wondering... maybe I didnt get what the writer was saying....

BTW: you do realize that your "all pro" rb Williams only has about 60 more yds than henry on 30 more attempts?????????????????

Henry is having an exceptional year, and he is a good young back. However, I don't think he is as good as Williams---yet. Henry benefits immensely from the presence of Bledsoe and the passing attack. Teams can't stack the LOS vs Henry like they do against Williams.

As far as Williams running over your Linebackers, he did when he could get through your 9 man front!! Stupid Lucas....

another lesson to a barfalo fan...........

well quizno, it's like this, we came in to play the pass, that seems to be you guys strength at the moment, just as we did against the colts. your boy, i forget his name, henry something, got some yds off us playing the pass, daring you to beat us with that henry boy. yes, you guys won, but that henry boy didn't score. he didn't beat us, just as edgerin james didn't beat us, he got his yds [we gave them up] but no score. we didn't want drew throwing 3tds on us and he didn't. 189 and 1 score on blown coverage. see the strategy? thank god for ray lucas huh? well, thats another story.................

now after the 1st quarter, it was obvious ray lucas was not going to do didly, you guys loaded the box, 8-9 guys, and dared him to throw, he did, and he failed. but 97 yds by ricky against a stacked front who new we were running, that is getting run over.

got it now? i simplified it.

Who wrote the statement?

One thing that has been explained quite a few times from people who know what they are talking about is how similar our defense played against Buffalo to the game against Indy. Both teams have a high quality passing attack that can put points on the board QUICKLY.....One of the best ways to combat that sort of attack is to concentrate on shutting down the passing game. while trying to CONTAIN the running game. This does wonders for a running backs average because he's not the first priority of the defense. This tactic also SLOWS down the offensive firepower and forces the passing team to do something that they are not as comfortable doing, which is making long mistake free drives. The yardage statistics given up in both games don't accurately reflect the effectiveness of this defensive philosophy but the fact that both high powered passing teams scored only 2 offensive TD's between them shows that it is a sound strategy.

Did you really not know this already? I thought you were smarter than that, quizlet.

You got that right LCP.....I need to type faster!!! It looks like I just copied clayton 83!:lol::lol:

Sorry- just saw this...There is NO excuse. You know why?

Because ever since last Monday you guys kept saying. Even WITHOUT Fiedler with are still invincible. I think the Bills proved that wrong...

Play the game 10 times and the Dolphins would win 8 of them. You know it.

but they didnt win the one that counted... :o

No, they didn't..... and next week when you lose to Detroit maybe you can spend as much time crying on their site as you have put in gloating on ours.

Got a life?

Originally posted by inFINSible
and next week when you lose to Detroit maybe you can spend as much time crying on their site as you have put in gloating on ours

lol- this coming from the guy who said Miami would crush Buffalo even AFTER he knew Fiedler was out :)

Quizlet, you guys won. I gave you props in another thread. You beat Ray Lucas on the worst day of his life. He didn't have Gadsden or Chris Chambers and our starting left tackle was out. We already brought in Chris Carter, Chambers is coming back for the Green Bay game and Mark Dixon will return. Bledsoe is the best thing to happen to Buffalo in ages. You have a good team thats fun to watch. With all due respect the Bills aren't going anywhere this year. No playoffs for you!! Next !! Now don't you have any friends where you live? If so go play with them because you will need their emotional support when the Lions beat you this week.

Hey bill fan how bout you realize the obvious. Yes you won but remember you are in the same place you will be ALL YEAR and thats BEHIND THE FINS :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Lucas had 5 days to prepare and it showed as we lost but he will be prepared ALOT better for the next game. You will be :cry: :cry: at the end of the year and don't do it here. Just remember no matter how much :yell: you talk, theres no worth to it unless you guys get in front of us in the division race.

:monkey: BILLS

Back
Top Bottom