Williams the Mystery Man at Wide Receiver | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Williams the Mystery Man at Wide Receiver

It is hard to get excited about a player who has spend more time on IR the past two seasons than actually playing the game. I think they are keeping him around because he is cheap and does show some ability when he is actually healthy. Yet it won’t surprise me if one of the other WR’s step up in the preseason and takes his job.

Even if he does end up on the roster, I don’t see him being anymore than the 5th or 6th WR. Fuller, Parker, Waddle and Wilson are all better than Williams and Bowden will likely end up being better too.

Williams was not the teams best WR in the first half.

I was hoping Williams would be attending a camp to work on his fundamentals rather than running one.

All jokes aside, it is good to see players making a difference with youngsters.

Williams was not the teams best WR in the first half.

I was hoping Williams would be attending a camp to work on his fundamentals rather than running one.

All jokes aside, it is good to see players making a difference with youngsters.
In terms of TDs, he was; he already had 4 when he went down.
Parker had more targets, catches, and yards... but Preston was leading the team in TDs because he's a heck of a red zone target.

He need stay healthy..Williams is avg wr when healthy

That's a really long post OP for a guy who doesn't deserve it, certainlynot yet.

He has only proven to be injury prone, 50% catch radius since he refuses to catch below his waist, lazy route runner, but he is big, strong excellent jumper and potentially a long term piece who may take the next step, but then may not. He isn't a must keep in my opinion, we already have a much better big receiver in Uncle Vante, plus Geisecki....with Tua we need more of Fuller, Waddle, Wilson, Bowden.....fast speed guys that can do multiple things. Honestly, I think I'd rather keep Hollins over Williams for his special teams prowess, even though PW is a much better receiver.

That's a really long post OP for a guy who doesn't deserve it, certainlynot yet.

He has only proven to be injury prone, 50% catch radius since he refuses to catch below his waist, lazy route runner, but he is big, strong excellent jumper and potentially a long term piece who may take the next step, but then may not. He isn't a must keep in my opinion, we already have a much better big receiver in Uncle Vante, plus Geisecki....with Tua we need more of Fuller, Waddle, Wilson, Bowden.....fast speed guys that can do multiple things. Honestly, I think I'd rather keep Hollins over Williams for his special teams prowess, even though PW is a much better receiver.

So because Wilkins did some dumb sh*t and ruined his season we should think PW is just garbage now? The best value at WR on the team? A guy we got for literally nothing who may well end up a star, we should just cut him? Seems pretty short-sighted to me.

Actually, if PW has a healthy season, I think Parker will be the one on his way out.

So because Wilkins did some dumb sh*t and ruined his season we should think PW is just garbage now? The best value at WR on the team? A guy we got for literally nothing who may well end up a star, we should just cut him? Seems pretty short-sighted to me.

Actually, if PW has a healthy season, I think Parker will be the one on his way out.
None of that is relavent.

If he shows to be a guy to keep on the roster in camp, he will make the team. If not, he won't.

Yes, I think it's just that simple. There is more competition at WR, than in many years.

Williams cheap contract is the ONLY thing protecting him.

I know for a fact he better make it through the majority of the season this year or else he’s almost a guaranteed cut headed into the following season.

Here's where we're at. The most talented WR's we have (Fuller, Waddle, Parker and Williams), are all coming off of a decent injury. We just need to be smart about making certain that we err in favor of carrying extra WRs this year as our best talent at the position is injury prone.

It helps having the whole bunch in camp so that when injury inevitably hit one of them we don't necessarily have to train a street FA from ground up.

Back
Top Bottom