Williams vs. Edwards...no brainer!! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Williams vs. Edwards...no brainer!!

DBoston80

Undisputed #1
Reaction score
..Did you guys forget how dominate this guy was his 1st 2 years?? Braylon has talent and might even break the Michigan streak of shi--y WR's...but Mike Williams is a safer and more talented player if we choose a WR at no.2.....I know its been over a year snce we have seen him on the field but dont forget who likely woulda been the 2nd WR chosen LAST YEAR...if we must take a wr it has to be Williams.

Agree I like M.Williams better than Edwards...... and honestly I feel he could have been the 1st WR chosen last year, Him and Fitzgerald were both rated very high!

knight6jb said:
Agree I like M.Williams better than Edwards...... and honestly I feel he could have been the 1st WR chosen last year, Him and Fitzgerald were both rated very high!

...and Roy Williams is better then either of them.

You havent seen M Williams and Fitz has no QB so you cant say Roy is better than them.

No question Williams has talent. But a year out of football hurt him. Especially being out a year and then going immediately to the pros. At this point, I'd take Edwards. He is as big and faster than Williams and he has awesome hands. Five years from now, Williams may be as good or better. But Edwards is a safer choice, IMO.

Both are crapshoots, I rather trade down and pick 2 WRs and one has to pan out.:lol: Really if you only pick 1 and its a bust, you have nothing, if he does, you have one game breaker, but if you pick two one HAS to pan out, if only one does, you have the same than the other situation, only more likely to happen, if BOTH pan out, then you are lucky, I think that everyone in the top 5 for each position has almost as much potential and as many chances to pan out, so I rather the 4th and 5th best WRs than only the one only best. Now that wont happen, but its just a theory, if you pick #2 and need a WR desperately and supposing you have no other pressing needs I would pull a Titan and draft 4 guys at the same position, Its more likely to find something.

Edwards can strech the field. Mike Williams has great run after the catch ability. Edwards is rated higher because he played last year.

Think about it the two top wr in this draft is rated in this order Edwards then Williams. and Williams did not even play last year, now what does that tell us. Just imagine if he did play last year with the national champs. I also think that Williams is the better of the two.

I know.....I saw the article about Miami and Edwards, but what happened to the RB that we really need?!?!?!? Yeah we could pick one up in the later rounds, but it would really suck if Brown did turn out to be the next L.Tomlinson, or even if Benson turned out to be the next Ricky (minus the weed).........But if we have to go WR, its Mike Williams, no question in my mind. See.....I look at it this way.....Edwards and Williams are being debated as to who is the better WR. Now this debate is going on even though Williams was out of football, so just imagine if Williams had played this year. He would have had a monster year on the champion USC squad. IMO, its Williams or Brown, or trade down

edit: lol.....you beat me to it :tongue:

knight6jb said:

coming out...he would of been picked behind 3 others guys

This could be posturing by Saban to get a team enamoured with Braylon to trade up ofcourse. Same with Alex Smith.

Buddwalk said:
coming out...he would of been picked behind 3 others guys

Who said that? Did you talk to the coaches who drafted those guys last year?

Hate to go off your topic, but it doesn't matter about these 2 if the fins take Ronnie like many think (including Vic Carruci of NFL.COM). And his analysis makes sense. Brown has the pass catching skills on top of his running ability. Just what we need. A guy that moves the chains through the air or on the ground. With our shortage of offensive production we need a guy that can be used in all facets of offense.

Again, sorry to step out of your forum question.:cry:

HEY YO, i think the dolphins will take alex smith. as far as who is better, Bray or BMW, its bmw. huge target, great hands, gets great seperation, runs great routes, has a great burst off the line, big physical wr that NO db can push around. Great blocker, great leaping ability. faster than people think. i see T.O. in him. He will have a rookie year similar to randy moss's.

nWo said:
HEY YO, i think the dolphins will take alex smith. as far as who is better, Bray or BMW, its bmw. huge target, great hands, gets great seperation, runs great routes, has a great burst off the line, big physical wr that NO db can push around. Great blocker, great leaping ability. faster than people think. i see T.O. in him. He will have a rookie year similar to randy moss's.

Yep I'd like to see Alex Smith, but it seems he was so impressive in workouts that the niners may take him over Aaron. I don't know about BMW and Bray like you guys seem to but they both sound great. I think though with our receivers, we'd be ok once QB gets to settle in a bit and learn the system. We should see a lot of improvement in Feeley and the passing game anyway (learn system...better coaching on line and overall). We got Chambers, Booker, McMichael. So bolstering the running and passing game with Ronnie Brown sounds the best to me. But outta those 2 receivers you are debating, they both sound great. I just don't see that as the biggest hole we have on O.

Back
Top Bottom