Wilson & Amendola + 4th round pick = Landry

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Tiko377, Mar 13, 2018.

1. Jimi

Jimi The World Is Yours

We don't know for sure what was offered and what was demanded. Even if the most common report, that he wanted 15, you really think 1 million is worth replacing Landry with these two?

2. DolphinVJ

DolphinVJ Well-Known Member

Another way to look at is two players - Amendola + Wilson - for the production of one player - Landry - but if one goes down to injury, God forbid, there is still another one so depth wins in the scenario if nothing else. Amendola is a good punt returner so we get value that way as well.

3. BigNastyFish

BigNastyFish A True Fan

Are you kidding? It's totally ah-mazing! Now wonder the Miami Dolphin football franchise is the envy
    of the league! No wonder every other team lusts over the cerebral dominance of our FO!

Seriously.
    Are you kidding!?

...we’re talkin' stupid bowl -- 'cause we're the my yammie flounder...

BNF

4. Beach Bum 91

Beach Bum 91 Water Boy

When has evaluating a team on paper done anything except give someone a chance to express their opinion? People, some who are educated and very articulate, evaluate our off-season moves. They give their opinion and grades on trades, FA signings, and draft picks. However, even with all their expertise It usually doesn't mean squat. We've been judged the paper champions before as well as off-season losers. Human nature and team chemistry are tricky things and how well we play together is hard to predict. Let's see how things play out. Who knows, we might actually like what we see.

GT Dolfan, kevphin and Spiff like this.
  5. superphin

superphin close your eyes, see that? no your eyes are closed Finheaven VIP

Wouldn't it have been better to Sign Andrew Norwell and sign a bargain basement WR or draft one as oppose to signing 2 slot WR's? Isn't keeping Tanne healthy and upright kind of important? The trenches they matter I coulda sworn i read that somewhere.

Laser13 likes this.
  6. Jonathan Michael Zadora

Jonathan Michael Zadora Member

The only reason Amendola came here was to get one last paycheck and retire, our fo is so clueless and retarded it's not even funny, no one leaves the patriots for the dolphins unless they are trying to milk it into his retirement, Amendola plays just enough to get a team to show interest in him and then racks up paychecks while being a lazy leech, and to makes things worse we settle for Kansas Cities leftovers the only outcast that wasn't a star on that team, I don't mind letting juice go, I don't understand letting Suh go when we already paid him, stupid stupid stupid, also Miami has no patience, they should have signed Gramham and waited for Nelson to be released and picked him up while picking up a few big named defensive players to replace suh without spending serious coin, it never ends as a dolphins fan smh

7. ForksPhin

ForksPhin Scout Team

I can’t wait to watch Amendola begging the refs for pass interference penalties on every play in 2018. Well, every play of the 8-9 games he plays before he gets injured.

8. WesternNYDolfan

WesternNYDolfan FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP Donator

Couldn't be said it better myself. Seriously considering giving up on this team, and I've been the most optimistic fan for years. Our owner is a joke.

9. ColoradoFin

ColoradoFin Well-Known Member

Would you rather have one costlier foot long tuna sub that is pretty good but it gets kind of bland after four bites, (and it can give you the worst heartburn at times), or two six-inch subs with lots of different ingredients and it makes the overall meal better and tastier, and you actually save a buck or two? The Dolphins chose to do the latter.

finitis23 and *Demi*God* like this.
  10. ForksPhin

ForksPhin Scout Team

Why is the meal better and tastier?

11. ColoradoFin

ColoradoFin Well-Known Member

More variety.....Landry was a one trick pony....caught lots of short passes and little else.

12. Perfect23

Perfect23 A True Fan

They sound like Bostonians in Houston?

13. Viggen

Viggen Well-Known Member

This is not the worst offseason ever. Amnesia much.

No Brees - twice
    Jay freaking Fiedler
    A J Feeley
    Culpepper
    Harrington
    Pat white
    No matt Ryan
    No Aaron Rodgers
    Ginn/beck
    Chad henne
    Not Randy Moss - John Avery
    Not Brady Quinn (wait ok)
    Jake grove, Gibril Wilson and Ernest Wilford
    Marc Colombo
    Damien mackintosh
    Cecil Collins insanity
    The two toed sloth Eddie Moore

CedarPhin likes this.
  14. SCLSU Mud Dogs

SCLSU Mud Dogs UCF 13-0 Finheaven VIP Donator

You could make the same list for many franchises

15. Phinsguy

Phinsguy A True Fan

You should have traded with Tannenbaum.....he probably would have given you a Honus Wagner for a Bill Buckner.

srp1979 and Laser13 like this.
  16. andyahs

andyahs Bahamian Redneck Finheaven VIP Donator

Another one leaving. See ya.

*Demi*God* likes this.
  17. DKphin

DKphin A True Fan Donator

You're excited about a 32 yr old WR that has production tied to a HOF QB and has had 3 Grade 1 concussions, torn his groin and tricep, separated his shoulder and dislocated his elbow, and has knee and ankle strains in recent years. Unlike our team, the Pats don't let good players go unless there is a reason. Pushing 33, I guarantee you his injuries will only get worse . Good luck with thinking this a good move.

18. EvilDylan

EvilDylan Banned Hammered Donator

This approach is different, previous approaches have netted nothing spectacular. I'm willing to give it a shot.

Ricky4Life likes this.
  19. Martel13

Martel13 Since '84 Super Donator

Amendola is ALWAYS HURT!!

20. gregorygrant83

gregorygrant83 FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP

I want to see how his contract looks. Maybe we can trade him at the end of training camp to a team that has an injury at the slot position.

21. fakespike

fakespike Starter

Laughable man. Ha!

thefieds likes this.
  22. thefieds

thefieds Rookie

So we couldn't afford landry, backed ourselves into a corner and got abused on the trade. Fine. We're going to allot that money elsewhere and use one of the 5 wrs we have either on the roster, ir, or signed to future contracts to replace him. We'll finally address the OL, LB or TE...the glaring holes on the roster.

Instead we spend 14mm attacking a hole we just created. I keep hearing gase wants smarter players. Well, if he has to keep getting rid of his best players because they aren't getting his system maybe, just maybe it's not the players.

Where is the logic in all of this and what have we done to address OL, LB and TE?

I see ACME Turd Polish stock will be skyrocketing this offseason. Time to buy!

ForksPhin and srp1979 like this.
  23. Spiff

Spiff Starter Finheaven VIP Donator

Setting the contract details aside for a moment (because nobody on his board knows them), Amendola is a good signing. We all know he won't be playing all 16 games, the front office knows, the coaches know and he knows. But you can't underestimate a veteran presence in the locker room who has played with the greatest QB for the greatest coach in the history of the game. There were several outlets reporting last year that we had a void of leadership in the locker room. Danny Amendola will help mitigate that problem, healthy or not. And there's one player in particular who can and will probably learn a lot from him: Ryan Tannehill. I like this signing.

24. finomenal

finomenal A True Fan

Lmao sounds like I missed something.

25. Yessir

Yessir Dolfan for Life Donator

There's nothing 'different' about this approach. It's the same ole Dolphins. We just did this last off-season as a matter of fact. Just different positions.

Danny Amendola = Lawrence Timmons. The 30 plus old free agent, who is on his last legs, and comes here for one last payday. Would have rather re-signed with his last team, but they refused to pay him anything that didn't make sense because....*drum roll*.....he's old.

Albert Wilson = Andre Branch. An extremely generous contract awarded to a very mediocre producing player. Made a modest salary the previous year, and did nothing of note during the next season to deserve a 200 percent raise, but here come the Dolphins...awarding mediocrity.

It's the same **** lol. The only difference is here is we've compounded these stupid decisions by releasing our best defensive player and eating the largest dead cap hit in NFL history.

Your Miami Dolphins made history!

26. andyahs

andyahs Bahamian Redneck Finheaven VIP Donator

The players he is getting rid of were not his choices, he inherited them.

Ricky4Life likes this.
  27. thefieds

thefieds Rookie

So what if they weren't his choices and how have his choices worked out. Caroo? Cutler? Thomas? and that has nothing to do with my point. We didn't need to allocate money to the hole we created by trading landry. We needed to use it to fix the gaping holes on the roster at OL, LB, and TE.

superphin likes this.
  28. DolfanDaveInATX

DolfanDaveInATX A True Fan

Tannenbaum signed Ndamonkung Suh, Lawrence Timmons, and Julius Thomas.

29. Smith21

Smith21 FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP

I can’t complain we got something for Landry. But the players acquired we could of had with Landry. I don’t understand the theory this for that. Pay Landry last year we have him at a bargain

30. Billk78

Billk78 Scout Team

I think the recent moves are more about the locker room, leadership, and culture they are trying to build. I loved Landry. He was a fighter on the field and had a fire like no one else. But last year when he was taking 15 yard penalties like they were nothing I know a lot of people here were fed up. I suppose Gase was too. Look at it this way....if you want to pay guys a ton of money to play here should it go beyond their playing ability? If you shell out that kind of dough do you also expect to get a leader on and off the field? I believe Miami thinks so. And just because youre a good player doesnt make you a good leader.

If you look at other successful teams many are able to do it without big superstar names.

Im not saying the moves were good or bad. Im reserving judgment till I see it all unfold. I am also really hoping that drafting a QB is all part of this new plan. If you want leadership that's where it begins. You can be a good team in the NFL without big name superstars.