Wilson & Amendola + 4th round pick = Landry | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Wilson & Amendola + 4th round pick = Landry

So we couldn't afford landry, backed ourselves into a corner and got abused on the trade. Fine. We're going to allot that money elsewhere and use one of the 5 wrs we have either on the roster, ir, or signed to future contracts to replace him. We'll finally address the OL, LB or TE...the glaring holes on the roster.

Instead we spend 14mm attacking a hole we just created. I keep hearing gase wants smarter players. Well, if he has to keep getting rid of his best players because they aren't getting his system maybe, just maybe it's not the players.

Where is the logic in all of this and what have we done to address OL, LB and TE?

I see ACME Turd Polish stock will be skyrocketing this offseason. Time to buy!

Setting the contract details aside for a moment (because nobody on his board knows them), Amendola is a good signing. We all know he won't be playing all 16 games, the front office knows, the coaches know and he knows. But you can't underestimate a veteran presence in the locker room who has played with the greatest QB for the greatest coach in the history of the game. There were several outlets reporting last year that we had a void of leadership in the locker room. Danny Amendola will help mitigate that problem, healthy or not. And there's one player in particular who can and will probably learn a lot from him: Ryan Tannehill. I like this signing.

This approach is different, previous approaches have netted nothing spectacular. I'm willing to give it a shot.

There's nothing 'different' about this approach. It's the same ole Dolphins. We just did this last off-season as a matter of fact. Just different positions.

Danny Amendola = Lawrence Timmons. The 30 plus old free agent, who is on his last legs, and comes here for one last payday. Would have rather re-signed with his last team, but they refused to pay him anything that didn't make sense because....*drum roll*.....he's old.

Albert Wilson = Andre Branch. An extremely generous contract awarded to a very mediocre producing player. Made a modest salary the previous year, and did nothing of note during the next season to deserve a 200 percent raise, but here come the Dolphins...awarding mediocrity.

It's the same **** lol. The only difference is here is we've compounded these stupid decisions by releasing our best defensive player and eating the largest dead cap hit in NFL history.

Your Miami Dolphins made history!

So we couldn't afford landry, backed ourselves into a corner and got abused on the trade. Fine. We're going to allot that money elsewhere and use one of the 5 wrs we have either on the roster, ir, or signed to future contracts to replace him. We'll finally address the OL, LB or TE...the glaring holes on the roster.

Instead we spend 14mm attacking a hole we just created. I keep hearing gase wants smarter players. Well, if he has to keep getting rid of his best players because they aren't getting his system maybe, just maybe it's not the players.

Where is the logic in all of this and what have we done to address OL, LB and TE?

I see ACME Turd Polish stock will be skyrocketing this offseason. Time to buy!
The players he is getting rid of were not his choices, he inherited them.

So what if they weren't his choices and how have his choices worked out. Caroo? Cutler? Thomas? and that has nothing to do with my point. We didn't need to allocate money to the hole we created by trading landry. We needed to use it to fix the gaping holes on the roster at OL, LB, and TE.

I can’t complain we got something for Landry. But the players acquired we could of had with Landry. I don’t understand the theory this for that. Pay Landry last year we have him at a bargain

I think the recent moves are more about the locker room, leadership, and culture they are trying to build. I loved Landry. He was a fighter on the field and had a fire like no one else. But last year when he was taking 15 yard penalties like they were nothing I know a lot of people here were fed up. I suppose Gase was too. Look at it this way....if you want to pay guys a ton of money to play here should it go beyond their playing ability? If you shell out that kind of dough do you also expect to get a leader on and off the field? I believe Miami thinks so. And just because youre a good player doesnt make you a good leader.

If you look at other successful teams many are able to do it without big superstar names.

Im not saying the moves were good or bad. Im reserving judgment till I see it all unfold. I am also really hoping that drafting a QB is all part of this new plan. If you want leadership that's where it begins. You can be a good team in the NFL without big name superstars.

Back
Top Bottom