****Mock Draft Super Thread**** | Page 13 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

****Mock Draft Super Thread****

I'll make a prediction with no chance of being wrong. If Miami drafts Tua and he becomes instant elite, some will use that as 'proof' they were right. No need to wait 5 years. If Miami drafts Tua and he suffers a career ending injury, some will use that as 'proof' they were right.

The truth is, no one knows what will happen. No one knows how big of a risk this is. Further reports and pro day will help, but not confirm/refute anything. This pick is up to medical and Flo. I won't pretend to know how it will end. I know this . . . if Miami wants Tua, it will depend on the willingness of the other team and the number (if any) of competing beiiders.
without injure none of us would be debating about Tua.....Tua and Lawrence.. it hard to say how good these guy are. They both are on stack team in college. How good will these guy be w less talented??? Love and herbert team didnt have talent like Alabama and Clemson.. it going be interesting.. just hope we pick right guy going forward

without injure none of us would be debating about Tua.....Tua and Lawrence.. it hard to say how good these guy are. They both are on stack team in college. How good will these guy be w less talented??? Love and herbert team didnt have talent like Alabama and Clemson.. it going be interesting.. just hope we pick right guy going forward

That's why you don't scout box scores.

You scout the individual. Lawrence and Tua were both high regarded 5* recruits who picked where they wanted to go, they both picked stacked teams to help their chances of winning. Jordan Love and Justin Herbert were not, so they didn't have their pick of the liter to go where ever they wanted to go.

Another thing to consider is how far back are the Redskins or Lions willing to move back? Trading with the Dolphins would still likely leave them in a position to draft either Okudah, Young or whoever they feel is the top offensive tackle in the draft. Trading with anyone else could take them out of a position to pick one of the top level talents in the draft. If Chase Young blows up the combine he might be viewed as too good of a talent for the Redskins to trade back and miss out on.

Another thing to consider is how far back are the Redskins or Lions willing to move back? Trading with the Dolphins would still likely leave them in a position to draft either Okudah, Young or whoever they feel is the top offensive tackle in the draft. Trading with anyone else could take them out of a position to pick one of the top level talents in the draft. If Chase Young blows up the combine he might be viewed as too good of a talent for the Redskins to trade back and miss out on.
I'm hoping that happens and also hoping that the Lions are really open to trades. I'd much rather move up to 3 than 2 if I can help it.

Worst case scenario is Washington decides that Young is too good to pass up on and Detroit decides to just take Tua and we can't do anything about it.

Implementing trades has made a mockery of this mock.

The Miami Dolphins are in a great position to target and trade for many of the players they like. I expect we'll see the team moving up and down quite often on draft day. Here are a few trade-up options I could see.

Round 1 Options
Tua Tagovailoa--- Let's start with the obvious choice. It's looking more and more likely that the Dolphins would need to trade up for Tua if he's indeed their target.
Andrew Thomas --- I've seen Thomas mocked in the middle of round 1 lately. If he falls close to that #18 pick, I could see Miami moving up a couple spots. Maybe less likely if they traded up for Tua.
Derrick Brown --- If the four quarterbacks go top 10, some good talent is going to drop. I doubt Brown makes it out of the top 10, but if he does I could see Flores pounding the table.

Round 2 Options
D'Andre Swift, Jonathan Taylor, J.K. Dobbins -- If these three are on the board in round two, the Dolphins could deal up for the one they like best.
CJ Henderson -- I could see Miami taking Henderson at #18. I've also seen him mocked early round 2.
Austin Jackson -- Likely late first rounder, but another player the Dolphins could target if he gets to round 2.
Justin Jefferson -- In a loaded wide receiver class, a player like Jefferson could slip a little bit. I think he would be a perfect complement to what Miami has at wide receiver.

Round 3 Options
Tyler Biadasz -- I think he's a mid-second rounder, but he could be available in the 3rd.
Clyde Edwards-Helaire -- Could be a late 2nd round option. Versatile, tough back.
Thaddeus Moss --- Miami could add another tight end to the mix. The son of Randy Moss, Thaddeus has some nice talent.

Herbert at #5, draft best available OT at #18 and maybe trade down #26 and pick up CB or best available OT/OL in rd 2. Maybe John Simpson or Ben Bredeson- CK Parrot has me sold on Center Matt Hennessy, early 3rd rd would be a nice pickup. I'm hoping to get 2 DE later in draft, maybe Alex Highsmith and Bryce Huff. Maybe 2 OT in rd 1 depending on availability, you never know.

I've recently read CJ Henderson is rising up draft boards. I like the coverage ability he brings to the field, but unfortunately his tackling, leaves a lot to be desired. Not sure he's a Flores type of CB? Flores likes DB's who can tackle. Jalen Johnson of Utah is CB, that may interest Miami in that late 2nd - early 3rd round area. As for Derrick Brown, he's the one guy Miami may take serious look at #5, if they don't take a QB.

Last edited:
Why is Herbert better? What on earth has he done to deserve our pick?
He just is he’s 6’6 235, has a huge arm, and run’s sub 4.7. He’s a much better Franchise Qb than Tua. Sure, right now Tua may be better but Herbert has so much potential. He just needs some coaching. Did you see how good he looked in the combine? Herbert is a much better pick than Tua.

He just is he’s 6’6 235, has a huge arm, and run’s sub 4.7. He’s a much better Franchise Qb than Tua. Sure, right now Tua may be better but Herbert has so much potential. He just needs some coaching. Did you see how good he looked in the combine? Herbert is a much better pick than Tua.
Another victim of the combine hype machine...

Moving up is going to cost us. This is why many of us were against meaningless wins.

the players and coaches on that team played to win and don’t give a **** what fans think, and if I was coaching or playing I’d be playing to win as well ... this idea that “many of us are against meaningless wins” is ridiculous, you sound like you had a say in the matter... I’m happy we seem to have smart and competitive coaches and players, which will be more important long term than draft pics

Back
Top Bottom