Win Against Denver has Significance | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Win Against Denver has Significance

Kgiggles

Club Member
Reaction score
I have made a few posts in recent weeks describing the expectations of this season as essentially being a wash due the the Injury of RT. Every win this season is gravy and essentially a chance for Gase to show his team what it looks like to "do your job" and the consequences of putting in the work and earning a victory (pretty or not). Gase showed this team that if they can do what needs to be done early in the game, he will continue to drive his foot into the throat of his opponent and make the win an enjoyable one. The problems that occur in this league are usually due to inconsistent coaching staff and front office (meaning tenure). We will never get anywhere if we continue to have a revolving door of coaching and front office staff. I see a winner in Gase, as he proved last season with the RT injury...atrocious Defense and still making the playoffs. The last thing we need is to drive out a coach that is still winning games despite the flaws/injuries/ of this roster. Has some perspective.. The Packers have no identity without Rodgers, The giants have arguably more talent than us (and a superbowl caliber QB) and look what happened. I'm still on the Gase bandwagon, and I believe he will need more than 22months to turn around a team that has been piss poor for the majority of my lifetime. Again, The season was a wash and Gase did all he could by taking a chance on Cutler. It didn't work out as planned, but lets be real...who was a better more realistic choice?

Oh 'Tis the season
To Have Ol' Saint Kaepernick

Bah, I kid, I kid

Where did this notion come from that Tannehill is the savior of this team? I am not into the bashing of Tannehill by any means, but so many of us gave up on the season because he got hurt (me included to a certain extent) but what has he shown us that we would have automatically been a playoff team if he were starting. Tannehill is a decent QB, but by no means is he a Rogers or Brees that can carry a team by himself. where is this dynamic play of his that show us his loss was the end of Miami this year. The end of Miami was from the QB we picked up in FA IMO among other things.

Last edited:
Hold your horses partner. It is one win against a garbage team that traditionally don't travel well.
The problem I have with OP is you gave him all the credit in the world last year, but proclaimed this year is a wash.
Can't have it both ways.
People can argue last year Gase benefited from soft schedule and few lucky pounces. And this year is a true reflection of his coaching ability.
From all his bad decisions since last year, not counting Cutler signing, the decision in not addressing the OL, he has made all the wrong decisions. Now you can say he will learn from his mistakes and improve, that's fine. But saying this year is a wash, not a reflection of him, is not objective.

The significance is we are also competing against the Broncos for draft position which could ultimately be a QB. How pumped will everyone be about the win when they draft Mayfield (or insert player wanted) the pick before us? I'm gonna play the odds and take the long view.

I also don't think a house cleaning will take place until the wheels fall off, and this team ain't doing **** while Tannenbaum is there taking up space ... so there's that.

I could actually make a bunch of arguments for why losing makes more sense for this team right now. You don't ever want to see your team lose but it's hard to avoid the logic behind it.

Always want to see them kill the Pats though. Consequences be damned.

I have made a few posts in recent weeks describing the expectations of this season as essentially being a wash due the the Injury of RT. Every win this season is gravy and essentially a chance for Gase to show his team what it looks like to "do your job" and the consequences of putting in the work and earning a victory (pretty or not). Gase showed this team that if they can do what needs to be done early in the game, he will continue to drive his foot into the throat of his opponent and make the win an enjoyable one. The problems that occur in this league are usually due to inconsistent coaching staff and front office (meaning tenure). We will never get anywhere if we continue to have a revolving door of coaching and front office staff. I see a winner in Gase, as he proved last season with the RT injury...atrocious Defense and still making the playoffs. The last thing we need is to drive out a coach that is still winning games despite the flaws/injuries/ of this roster. Has some perspective.. The Packers have no identity without Rodgers, The giants have arguably more talent than us (and a superbowl caliber QB) and look what happened. I'm still on the Gase bandwagon, and I believe he will need more than 22months to turn around a team that has been piss poor for the majority of my lifetime. Again, The season was a wash and Gase did all he could by taking a chance on Cutler. It didn't work out as planned, but lets be real...who was a better more realistic choice?

Paragraphs

I think Denver is Miami's doppelganger. I have never seen a team that was a carbon copy of our miscues from bad QB play, to O-Line, drops, and a penalty after 10+ yards gained..lol
It was like watching Miami in Denver uniforms.
don't forget the patented safety

Back
Top Bottom