Win Thursday... | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Win Thursday...

Well... last night we saw what this team can do when it all comes together. The players don't suck or they could NEVER have pulled off the win ... much less be competitive.

My questions: Can they sustain it? Being prepared to play come game time is mostly on the coaches IMO. The players showed us they can execute the plays called ...
Can the coaching staff game plan and strategize while staying within their vision for the game?
Can the coaches adjust during the game when the vision gets blurred?

We will see... but this team doesn't suck ... they have talent ... they can be competitive ...
The coaching staff is questionable IMO
Watch the first two defensive drives - dolphin players body language looked defeated….

The ravens had a trap game.

The Dolphins D got momentum….

Why are we sitting here 3 and ****ing 7? Why?????

Because Flores has a dose of the Jeffersons 1970s tv drama going on here. I mean seriously - Lionel got engaged to his white girlfriend?

The Bills destroyed our season because Flores is cute by 1/2 with his running backs and drafting NOT Jonathan Taylor. Third and 1/2 a yard. A big dude running hard gets everybody going.

And by the way with our 9 draft picks in rounds 1 and 2….do not EVER stop investing in o line guys until the o line is FIXED….until we maul guys! Buy guys too - ****in pay em….

Seriously we were 1st and goal at the 1/2 yard line - imagine a team with enough of a running beast game where EVERYBODY in the stadium knows what your team will do - hand off to the beast and your team does that and still scores! Our stupid team moves backwards until it’s like 4th and 17….

Seriously reminds me of Scott Mitchell games when Marino tore his Achilles…the whole offense was designed for Marino - without him we looked hapless and feckless!

I don’t care who you are - it’s tough to be a Dolphin fan!

Flores may be moving on up but he might need to be moving on out….
"It's tough to be a Dolphin fan!"

Not for me - LOL

I don't need any self-aggrandization to justify following this team.
If they win it's great.
If they lose but played competitive football, fine.
If they get the c**p beat out of them, the boards failure analysis (no whines accepted) simply adds to my interest in and understanding of the real game.

"I want no whine until it's time". I've followed the ups & downs with Gase and Flores and at this point I'm sure of one thing - changing HC's after 3 years is an exercise in futility.
If they are really bad, you'll know in two years.
If the team is indifferent after 4 to 5 years you may need to start looking.
After 6 years there should not be any questions as to their staying or going.

It's much harder to find good coaches then to find good players.
If we do get a good coach it will take at least 4 years to organize the team and develop the coaching staff - more or less - depending on the caliber of the players on the team when the new HC arrived.

I suspect good GM's may be easier to find then good coaches because of the strong "business" oriented part of their job's and the support of a scouting organization that is already in place and he or she will be stuck with. The scouting organization may be good or bad, but in either case, it's up to a new GM to use what he has and fix what he hasn't.
you’re in denial -

Watch the first two defensive drives - dolphin players body language looked defeated….

Because Flores has a dose of the Jeffersons 1970s tv drama going on here. I mean seriously - Lionel got engaged to his white girlfriend?

The Bills destroyed our season because Flores is cute by 1/2 with his running backs and drafting NOT Jonathan Taylor. Third and 1/2 a yard. A big dude running hard gets everybody going.

And by the way with our 9 draft picks in rounds 1 and 2….do not EVER stop investing in o line guys until the o line is FIXED….until we maul guys! Buy guys too - ****in pay em….

Seriously we were 1st and goal at the 1/2 yard line - imagine a team with enough of a running beast game where EVERYBODY in the stadium knows what your team will do - hand off to the beast and your team does that and still scores! Our stupid team moves backwards until it’s like 4th and 17….

Seriously reminds me of Scott Mitchell games when Marino tore his Achilles…the whole offense was designed for Marino - without him we looked hapless and feckless!

you’re in denial -
Denial of what ? - LOL

Interesting take .... but I don't see how your rant answers any of my questions ... what did I say that caused this reply?

I know the team has some issues but I believe the problems are more related to coaching ... not the players. Sure we could have/should have blah blah blah ... but across the league there are plenty of examples of lesser talent making plays and teams winning games as a result ... our players have the talent to play in this league ...

Does our coaching staff nave what it takes to consistently game plan and adjust in game to make a winning difference? ... so far we haven't seen it regularly enough for me to consider this team as a threat to anything more than an occasional upset. That opinion can change IF the Dolphins can sustain the kind of play we saw vs. the Ravens.... win or lose we have to, at least be consistent enough to compete ... too many games where we look out matched, out played and (mostly IMO) out coached.

I think we just match up well with this particular Ravens team. Our bread and butter is cover 0 blitzes, Lamar can’t process and they don’t really have great WR’s to beat our man coverage. Factor in, which I mentioned in this thread multiple times, this isn’t your father’s Ravens defense and the blown coverages make my point, and you get the upset. Other than crushing the legend that is Justin Herbert, the Ravens have been in dog fights with other bad teams (Lions come to mind) they’re not as good this year. This defensive game plan won’t work on everyone but we have 4 winnable games in a row coming. It would be fun if things got interesting.

Back
Top Bottom