Winky Wright v. Tito Trinidad | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Winky Wright v. Tito Trinidad

Martel

Perennial All-Pro
Reaction score
May 14th WBA and WBC light middleweight (154 lb.) champion Ronald "Winky" Wright comes up to middleweight (160 lb.) to take on one of the most popular boxers in the world, Felix "Tito" Trinidad. Tito (42-1) beat up on crazy *** Ricardo Mayorga last October, but has fought only twice since Bernard Hopkins destroyed him in September 2001. Winky is 48-3 himself and hasn't lost since 1999 when he lost a close decision to Fernando Vargas. Winky roughed up Sugar Shane Mosley in both of his last two fights, but Tito will be the toughest fight of Winky's career to date. Winky honed his defensive, counterpunching style in Europe and has a chance to finally break through in America with this fight. Tito is pound for pound one of the biggest punchers in the sport, so the opposing styles should make for a great fight. Tito also has grown out an S-curl for the fight.

Should be fun fellas. The atmosphere alone will make the fight worth watching, as Tito is a hero in his native Puerto Rico. IMO, if Winky gets hit in this fight as much as he got hit in his last fight against Shane, this won't go past 8. Winky will have to fight the fight of a lifetime but I am most definitely not counting him out.

But my final prediction is a boring one....Tito by UD. But don't be surprised if it's an 8th or 9th round TKO :D

PS- If you think that the atmosphere is crazy in Vegas when these two meet, wait til June 4th when Kostya Tszyu goes TO MANCHESTER to fight the undefeated Ricky "The Hitman" Hatton. ZU is gonna knock his *** silly BTW.

Martel said:
May 14th WBA and WBC light middleweight (154 lb.) champion Ronald "Winky" Wright comes up to middleweight (160 lb.) to take on one of the most popular boxers in the world, Felix "Tito" Trinidad. Tito (42-1) beat up on crazy *** Ricardo Mayorga last October, but has fought only twice since Bernard Hopkins destroyed him in September 2001. Winky is 48-3 himself and hasn't lost since 1999 when he lost a close decision to Fernando Vargas. Winky roughed up Sugar Shane Mosley in both of his last two fights, but Tito will be the toughest fight of Winky's career to date. Winky honed his defensive, counterpunching style in Europe and has a chance to finally break through in America with this fight. Tito is pound for pound one of the biggest punchers in the sport, so the opposing styles should make for a great fight. Tito also has grown out an S-curl for the fight.

Should be fun fellas. The atmosphere alone will make the fight worth watching, as Tito is a hero in his native Puerto Rico. IMO, if Winky gets hit in this fight as much as he got hit in his last fight against Shane, this won't go past 8. Winky will have to fight the fight of a lifetime but I am most definitely not counting him out.

But my final prediction is a boring one....Tito by UD. But don't be surprised if it's an 8th or 9th round TKO :D

i remember the vargas -winky fight, that was 6 months before vargas took apart my boy ike - i cant wait for this fight - martel, keep these fight threads going :cooldude: - i'll chip

Ike Quartey v. Verno Phillips in Memphis 6/18 on the undercard of the Antonio Tarver/Glen Johnson rematch. Ike is 1-2-1 in his last four, but won his last one, so he's coming back!!!

Martel said:
Ike Quartey v. Verno Phillips in Memphis 6/18. No TV plans scheduled for now. Ike is 1-2-1 in his last four, but won his last one, so he's coming back!!!

did you get to see it marty? how did he look? - ike, ike baby!

I didn't see his last one but I did see the ODL and Nando fights :(

marty - here's some tentative info i pulled up for the fight - it's definitely on hbo and it isn't hbo ppv either - ike's got second billing so it looks like his fight will be shown :cooldude:

Light Heavyweight Glen Johnson v Antonio Tarver 12
IBO Light Heavyweight Title

Middleweight: Ike Quartey v Kelly Pavlik 10
Super Bantamweight: Wayne McCullough v ? 10
Super Middleweight: Ann Wolfe v ? 6
Super Middleweight: Andre Ward v ? 6

Martel said:

YEAH! I'm going! My boy bought us tickets for my 40th. It's crazy, couldn't find a room on the strip for less than $375. per night. Seats above ring side cost us $750 a piece. Leaving Thursday. It should be a great fight. I hope it lives up to Corrales-v-Castillo from last Saturday night...now THAT was a fight a la Ward-v-Gatti! I think Tito late, around the 10th. By then Winky will be nice and bland from all the power shots and ripe for a K.O.

I want Trinidad to win but everyone is sleeping on Winky. I subscribe to Maxboxing.com and they showed him training before his last fight with Mosley. The man's hands are poetry!

james toney tested positive for steroids. ruiz will be champ again! :cry:

Ruiz just announced he wasn't retiring too. The heavyweight division will be better off when Ruiz is gone for good!

d-day said:
marty - here's some tentative info i pulled up for the fight - it's definitely on hbo and it isn't hbo ppv either - ike's got second billing so it looks like his fight will be shown :cooldude:

Light Heavyweight Glen Johnson v Antonio Tarver 12
IBO Light Heavyweight Title

Middleweight: Ike Quartey v Kelly Pavlik 10
Super Bantamweight: Wayne McCullough v ? 10
Super Middleweight: Ann Wolfe v ? 6
Super Middleweight: Andre Ward v ? 6

Yeah it was supposed to be against Pavlik, but I think Ike thought better of that. Pavlik is young and hungry and not exactly comeback material. So now it will be Verno Phillips, who I believe was also a champion.

Back
Top Bottom