Winning & Losing : The Truth | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Winning & Losing : The Truth

If you aren’t trying to win you are in effect setting yourself up to lose?

• Total voters
So far so good. We stayed away from spending crazy money. If some team wants to make JuAnn James the highest paid RT ever they're nuts and that's their business. The guy is soft, he starting to miss lots of games and he wasn't even the best tackle on the Dolphins. We can insert Davis at RT, he did a fine job at RT when James was out.

I agree with you. The has failed in many, this is why the team needs to work on getting the mentality of the team fixed, the product of talent fixed, before being worried about drafting high enough to get the next franchise QB.

Miami last year before Tannehill went down, and sliding to the Patriots in NE (which is a place nobody beats NE), was playing well enough to at one point leading the AFC East, they were also actually keeping up with NE, and in the playoff picture most the year before with Tannehill, and Jay Cutler at QB, and finally in Gase's 1st year Miami started horribly, then got on a role, before again losing Tannehill.

So what in my opinion made Miami compete each year with many player being lost for the year? Confidence, trust in each other, and a will of not willing to lose. I believe Miami has a good nucleus to get a successful team, but they need to do a few things, or we will be seeing the next HC IN 3 years, no matter who we Draft this year or 2020 at QB...

1. Fix both side of the line already.

2. Evaluate why every year Miami's injuries more then not result in end of season injuries.

3. Get players that have proven to love football, and are team players, not individuals that are great, but all about them.

Why do teams like the Patriots, Steelers, Ravens, Cowboys, Seahawks, Saints able to continue to win no matter where they draft, or who they lose.

All of the above in mind is correct - but those days of Shula doing it the right way the Lombardi way are gone. And the bellicheats of the world have soured the sport you have to use the rules to hit advantage like slimm said

If you're playing a chess game and you plan on a check-mate on three moves, does that mean on your next move you're setting up yourself to lose? Don't be so square guys. All we're doing is not trying to win the game in one move anymore. That's what weak players do and we've seen the results.

I see what you are saying but this FO is not setting up moves to win they are setting up moves to eventually win

Which stills falls under tanking

All of the above in mind is correct - but those days of Shula doing it the right way the Lombardi way are gone. And the bellicheats of the world have soured the sport you have to use the rules to hit advantage like slimm said

You two could be right, but I
still think attitude and heart will out do better talent...even the Patriots did not get Brady in the 1st.

What if 6th round QB Tom Brady had not found himself with a HC like Belichick, they both helped each other be successful.

Now what if Flores is the real deal, and decide to let them fall where they may by drafting (or at least trying to draft) a coachable QB this year, and with his coaching staff they try to develop the QB they pick this year, with the idea of if he succeeds...good, if he fails, go for a QB In 2020.

I don't know, maybe I am being a little or a lot old fashioned, but losing on purpose to me us like salt to a wound. Lol

You two could be right, but I
still think attitude and heart will out do better talent...even the Patriots did not get Brady in the 1st.

What if 6th round QB Tom Brady had not found himself with a HC like Belichick, they both helped each other be successful.

Now what if Flores is the real deal, and decide to let them fall where they may by drafting (or at least trying to draft) a coachable QB this year, and with his coaching staff they try to develop the QB they pick this year, with the idea of if he succeeds...good, if he fails, go for a QB In 2020.

I don't know, maybe I am being a little or a lot old fashioned, but losing on purpose to me us like salt to a wound. Lol
Our mismanagement and the Bils and Jets are largely to blame is all I am saying

The Pats have a greased schedule to the POs - and generally have homefield that is a great advantage

The Pats should send the Fins a fruit basket every year for our mismanagement

Ok, so maybe this is unpopular, but I want every single coach and every single player on the team doing their damnedest to win every single game. Anything else is unacceptable to me, I'm not going to root for anyone not trying to win. That's me.

And they wilk

I think Cleveland is getting greedy now... and it will ultimately derail what was a positive track towards long term success.

Landry and Beckham onnthr same team?.... too many ego’s in that clubhouse!

Landry and Beckham are like brothers. They literally grew up in the same house together. I'm sure they will get along just fine.

My fav Dolphin is playing for Clevland so I'm happy they got OBJ personally, been rooting for them since we gave them Landry for a sack of peanuts

Landry and Beckham are like brothers. They literally grew up in the same house together. I'm sure they will get along just fine.

That’s not the point.... the giants got tired of Beckham’s ego....They are not boys anymore.

The best football teams are made up of unselfish team first type players....you get too many selfish players on a team and it will fail.

Bill-Murray.jpg

Tanksapawney Phil

That’s not the point.... the giants got tired of Beckham’s ego....They are not boys anymore.

The best football teams are made up of unselfish team first type players....you get too many selfish players on a team and it will fail.

I think the Giants saw the writing on the wall after what Brown did to the Steelers. I think the Giants thought Beckham would pull the same thing as Antonio Brown did with the Steelers down the road. In addition, the Giants got a nice haul in trading Beckham compared to what the Steelers received in the Brown trade.

Back
Top Bottom