Winning Sustainability? What Are the Essential Attributes of a Team That Has It? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Winning Sustainability? What Are the Essential Attributes of a Team That Has It?

a Great head coach, and some good talented evaluators

I agree. That's a huge leg up for perennial success. Pretty darn essential! Aside from sheer luck, everything else follows from there. But that also means we need to invest in continuity, once we've checked those boxes. I like that Ross is now insisting that our HC and GM work together closely on the same damn plan. Critical. Under Ross, I don't think that's been very true in the past.

I am surprised nobody mentioned ownership. Teams will be sustainable with owners like Kraft and Rooney. I don't think they ever could be with owners like Mike Brown and Daniel Snyder.

I think you need a GM and coaching staff, along with a few other key players, that engender confidence and trust. How can the Patriot players not believe in BB's ability to game plan and out-scheme other teams. Think how many times we saw Marino, down by 3-4 points with 2-3 minutes left in the game, and come away with the win. Heck I almost preferred to be in that position as I had so much trust in his ability to come through. If I felt that way how, could his team not feel the same?

In any venture, if you feel ownership is clueless and leaders/managers are mostly concerned with their own agendas and egos, well you know you are part of a cluster **** and start being more concerned about yourself than the team. That is the antithesis of sustainability for success IMHO.

Sure, I could say thinks like, "it all starts with running the ball and being able to stop the run" or "you must have a franchise QB". Truth is I feel those things only matter IF you have leadership from the top down that has a vision, structure, and game plan that you can believe in as a recipe for success.

I am surprised nobody mentioned ownership. Teams will be sustainable with owners like Kraft and Rooney. I don't think they ever could be with owners like Mike Brown and Daniel Snyder.

I think you need a GM and coaching staff, along with a few other key players, that engender confidence and trust. How can the Patriot players not believe in BB's ability to game plan and out-scheme other teams. Think how many times we saw Marino, down by 3-4 points with 2-3 minutes left in the game, and come away with the win. Heck I almost preferred to be in that position as I had so much trust in his ability to come through. If I felt that way how, could his team not feel the same?

In any venture, if you feel ownership is clueless and leaders/managers are mostly concerned with their own agendas and egos, well you know you are part of a cluster **** and start being more concerned about yourself than the team. That is the antithesis of sustainability for success IMHO.

Sure, I could say thinks like, "it all starts with running the ball and being able to stop the run" or "you must have a franchise QB". Truth is I feel those things only matter IF you have leadership from the top down that has a vision, structure, and game plan that you can believe in as a recipe for success.

Has Ross learned enough to be one of those owners? He's a very successful businessman. He says all of his businesses become first in class, eventually. He says he's very proud of what the organization has done under his ownership EXCEPT performance on the field. I think this is his first big push to mold this team into his vision of a winner. Has he turned the corner? :ponder:

*Good coaching staff
*Beasts in trenches on both sides of the ball
*Playmakers

You don't need Tom Brady or Aaron Rogers tho they help. The best TEAM that makes the fewest mistakes wins. Garapolo about to go to the Super Bowl passing for 56 yards. Tannehill won two games passing for less than 100/game. We need Simmons or Derrick Brown with the 5th, not Tua. Bring along the 22 year-old with the cannon along slowly. Fitzpatrick next year. Rosen after that.

Back
Top Bottom