Winning | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Winning

Dolphins will not be punished by the NFL but expect new rules going forward. No team has ever “processed” to this extreme level before. I don’t get how some think that we can possibly win more than a game or two. This is by far the worst roster in modern history. The tank is kind of stealth though. Just take a look at our OL and pass rushers. We literally don’t have a chance to win. But it’s on purpose and we have a plan. It’s better than going 8-8 with no hope for anything.

It is insane to change the rules when the Dolphins can legitimately claim they removed progress blockers. It is not about tanking. It is about getting younger defensive ends/OLBs getting game reps. Charles Harris played one third of the defensive snaps in 2018. Moving on from Wake and Quinn makes sense within this context. You can make a similar argument for Kiko and Stills. Even if you believe the Dolphins are tanking, I do not see how you distinguish tank from legitimate scheme realignment and the “remove progress blocker” strategy. Rules make no sense. Of course, that never stopped the NFL in the past.

It is insane to change the rules when the Dolphins can legitimately claim they removed progress blockers. It is not about tanking. It is about getting younger defensive ends/OLBs getting game reps. Charles Harris played one third of the defensive snaps in 2018. Moving on from Wake and Quinn makes sense within this context. You can make a similar argument for Kiko and Stills. Even if you believe the Dolphins are tanking, I do not see how you distinguish tank from legitimate scheme realignment and the “remove progress blocker” strategy. Rules make no sense. Of course, that never stopped the NFL in the past.

Agree. Miami can justly claim wake was moved due to age and declining productivity, Tunsil was moved for an offer too good to refuse, and MF was moved because he wanted out and may have become a 'cancer.' Those are the top 3 losses

All fair points. I don’t think the league can do anything to us but they may try to discourage tanking somehow going forward.

Which was one of my points. 'Parity' over what period of time? Given a top HC who stumbles on to a top QB and a good D, how long until 'parity' brings the team back to 8-8? Personally, I don't think the NFL equates parity with W/L. Rather, parity means 'we'll give every team equal shot at resources and opportunities, with poorer teams getting first shot.' If some teams fail, that doesn't mean there is no parity.
I wonder how this would work for "parity"?
Every year, every player on every roster is put through a "draft", and would change teams damn near every season? Not that I would be for it, but it may be interesting to see how it would work. I think you'd definately have a better guage on the coaching staffs abilities!

Can someone explain to me how some teams didn't "tank" but are just as inept (other than setting records for futility), get a pass, but the awful tanking job the Dolphins have done is consistently played up?

Back
Top Bottom