Winning | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Winning

I can go with that. Parity takes many forms. To many, parity means all teams hovering around 8-8 over a given period of years. Instead, I think parity means 'parity in the method' or 'parity in opportunity.' Consider this . . . I give 100 people $1000 (not really) and tell them on November 1 at opening bell they can buy any stock they want. That doesn't mean all will end up with the same amount of money (parity). It means they had equal shot (parity) at doing research and analytics. That, IMO, is NFL parity.

I think part of the problem the NFL is facing, and will see alot more of due to recent events is when, using your scenario, the company that owns that stock wont sell to certain owners.

That is the problem some teams face when trying to obtain free agents. If they are a bad team, they need to pay more to acquire that quality player they need, assuming he doesnt just outright refuse to play for them.

I said earlier in the year that we were setting a bad precedent in allowing Fitzpatrick to seek a trade. Now the players are trying to move from a less competitive team to a perceived "better" team simply because they want to. We saw it with guys like AB and Jalen Ramsey now. It is a bad trend for the NFL to allow this to continue. These arent the only example, we've seen it when certain players refused to sign with the team that drafted them (Eli Manning for example)

In those cases teams do not have an equal opportunity.

The NFL also needs to examine deals between players and franchises that circumvent the salary cap, ie. Allegations about the Pats contracting with a company owned by Tom Brady.

The Tunsil trade was impossible to refuse. We tried to keep him until it was literally insane not to. Nothing sinister there.

Wake was "in decline" and the new regime had no loyalty to him.

A couple contracts had to be rid of that didn't make sense.

Other talented players gone were bad mouthing the owner, coaches or the direction of the team or they just wanted out. Would any coaches/front office want that toxicity in the locker room?

And as others have said, what about the other teams that appear to suck just as bad as us? Oh wait. They don't have a local reporter feeding the flames of this perception ever since reporting the owner commented on how we would be rebuilding and we will get better even if we have to live through some pain in the immediate future. Practically coining tank for Tua and proudly boasting such. All to the point the major NFL sources como at the bit too resort the same. And fans drooling over the whole idea. Didn't take long for reported twist on the owner's comments to become common perception, and for that prescription to become what is accepted as reality.

Truth is, I don't think I've ever seen a rebuild that didn't include a sharp decline initially. And we've seen some that have lasted decades (Browns). For the current state of the Dolphins, it's a rebuild with a few unplanned twists that IMO are all above board.

I think part of the problem the NFL is facing, and will see alot more of due to recent events is when, using your scenario, the company that owns that stock wont sell to certain owners.

That is the problem some teams face when trying to obtain free agents. If they are a bad team, they need to pay more to acquire that quality player they need, assuming he doesnt just outright refuse to play for them.

I said earlier in the year that we were setting a bad precedent in allowing Fitzpatrick to seek a trade. Now the players are trying to move from a less competitive team to a perceived "better" team simply because they want to. We saw it with guys like AB and Jalen Ramsey now. It is a bad trend for the NFL to allow this to continue. These arent the only example, we've seen it when certain players refused to sign with the team that drafted them (Eli Manning for example)

The NFL also needs to examine deals between players and franchises that circumvent the salary cap, ie. Allegations about the Pats contracting with a company owned by Tom Brady.

Yeah, I'm not saying the system is flawless. I'm saying the NFL doesn't define parity by result

Really? You can't believe it? This tank is coming with alot of draft capital as well as FA capital. That by no means it'll work. But it's a diversion from the hamster wheel of mediocrity we've been trapped on forever. Wouldja prefer that?Another year hovering around. 500? Not me. Maybe this time we finally land the QB.
we have our QB! Josh Rosen like it or not, if we get 1st pick we are trading down...

Really? You can't believe it? This tank is coming with alot of draft capital as well as FA capital. That by no means it'll work. But it's a diversion from the hamster wheel of mediocrity we've been trapped on forever. Wouldja prefer that?Another year hovering around. 500? Not me. Maybe this time we finally land the QB.
I don't think they are trying to lose games, the guys that are playing are trying to win but they've been set up to fail miserably...

So far Rosen isn't the answer so we draft until we find that answer.... Like it or not.

So far Rosen isn't the answer. Doesn't mean he won't finish the season having convinced Flo. Personally, I'm pessimistic, but we'll see what the next 12 games show us. There's no other choice. If he's not the guy, Tua supporters have 12 games to prove Rosen isn't it

The Dolphins might not even be the worst team in the league.

Why not investigate the Jets for starting Luke Falk? Or the Redskins for playing Haskins and firing their coach?

The NFL or Federal Govt isnt going to do jack **** when 25% of the league has less than 2 wins. Parity my ***. This league is full of haves and have nots.
They should investigate the jets for hiring Gase

Too much money on the line. Elway started the whole refusal to be drafted by certain teams, sets a bad president for the league. What happens if our first-round pick refuses to play for us? How can you tell him no at this point when you've allowed it to happen in the past...

Espn analyst pointing out how convenient it is that the Dolphins are sitting X after a bye week.

Back
Top Bottom