Wishful hoping but what if Dallas messes up negotiations with Dak Prescott and he becomes available in Free Agency? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Wishful hoping but what if Dallas messes up negotiations with Dak Prescott and he becomes available in Free Agency?

I don’t understand the Dak hate on this forum. I think that the way that the team is rebuilding, having a QB on a 5 year rookie contract is important. That being said, Dak is better than any QB that we’ve had since Marino and better than a lot of QBs in this league. He threw for 30 TD and a hair under 5k yards this year. Those are Marino numbers. Their offensive line isn’t elite anymore. It’s still good but it’s not too 5 anymore. They do have a top RB, but don’t penalize him for that. There are few QBs in this league who are great without any sort of capable running game.
QBs all make too much in their second and 3rd deal. There are probably 2 or 3 QBs who are worth what they are getting paid.
I’m just saying that if whichever QB we draft turns out to play and win like Dak, the entire fan base would be super happy.

I don’t see anyone hating on Dak here. I just see everyone being realistic regarding Dak. He’s average and he misses a LOT of throws. He’s actually uninspiring to watch with the talent level around him and he still can’t get it done.
You have a much different perspective than the rest of us here regarding football talent. The rest of us want a top tier elite QB, or at least try to snatch one.

dallas ain't that good as people think

Not sure what team you are watching but they are stacked on the OLine, world class running back, terrific WRs and a defense that is more than capable. They are a very good team personnel wise. They had a bad coach in Garett and a very mediocre QB in Prescott

Feel like his numbers include some junk yardage when they were down, and while good he didnt elevate the team in the games they needed. I dont care if he had huge games vs the Redskins and Giants they were terrible teams. 14 of his 30 TDs came vs those two teams. 14 of 30 in 4 games, in the other 12 games he threw for 16 TDs. So 16 TDs in 12 games is worth 30+ million? And more importantly he was 1-6 vs playoff teams and must win games like the Eagles, Bills and Bears late in the season he was 0-3 with 3 TDs hardly a guy who can elevate when needed.

He doesnt have the precision or accuracy of Brees, the mobility/athleticism of Jackson or the arm/wizardry of Mahomes and yet people want to pay him like he is one of those guys. None of his game is considered elite in the league.

Not sure what team you are watching but they are stacked on the OLine, world class running back, terrific WRs and a defense that is more than capable. They are a very good team personnel wise. They had a bad coach in Garett and a very mediocre QB in Prescott
Thier window is closed
I dont see Dallas winning no SB. No time soon. 49ers, sea, rams, viking and N.o are all better team than Dallas.

Feel like his numbers include some junk yardage when they were down, and while good he didnt elevate the team in the games they needed. I dont care if he had huge games vs the Redskins and Giants they were terrible teams. 14 of his 30 TDs came vs those two teams. 14 of 30 in 4 games, in the other 12 games he threw for 16 TDs. So 16 TDs in 12 games is worth 30+ million? And more importantly he was 1-6 vs playoff teams and must win games like the Eagles, Bills and Bears late in the season he was 0-3 with 3 TDs hardly a guy who can elevate when needed.

He doesnt have the precision or accuracy of Brees, the mobility/athleticism of Jackson or the arm/wizardry of Mahomes and yet people want to pay him like he is one of those guys. None of his game is considered elite in the league.
Good post...

How in the world, aside from a one year franchise tag will this happen? If he happens to leave Dallas, there are at least 12 teams that would pay him a multi-year deal. He isn't going to go from a FA to a one year deal. What is with Phins's fans and their adversity to signing qb's?
Dolphin fans aren’t opposed to signing a QB. The last I checked the Dolphins traded for Rosen and signed Fitzpatrick as a free agent last year. All we want is a QB who is good enough to eventually win a SB with the Dolphins and I don’t believe Dak is a QB who can ever lead a team to the SB.
He is a middle of the pack QB who has had some success simply because he has been surrounded with an offense with a lot of talented players around him. On the Dolphins he would have been nothing but mediocre at best.

Still not better than rams,Seahawks, 49ers,GB or new Orleans in nfc.

Dallas is overhype last 20 + yr. I can careless.. as long as they dont go to SB. Good for jerry jones.

um, ok, but that’s not what we’re talking about here. Now you’re just getting personal with your hate for the cowboys and Jones.
C7FF3615-B476-4C28-B704-BBDD55167BAA.jpeg

Sooo...dude can’t win with top 3 units in every facet of the game. Wants HOF pay after three years. Hell no I don’t want this overrated slug.

Dak is a fine player, but it's hard to judge whether he'd be as effective on a poor team. He's got himself in the situation where the Cowboys will be scared to lose him in case he is a great QB, but nobody else is going to pay him the amount he wants in case he isn't.

um, ok, but that’s not what we’re talking about here. Now you’re just getting personal with your hate for the cowboys and Jones.
View attachment 36983
they got new coach. They should make wildcard next yr.
I dont like dallas or jerry jones.. nothing better than not seeing jerry in SB. Every yr i drink bottle moonshine for sorry Big mouth dallas fans. Nobody was saying that when they was 3-0 after they beat Dolphins.. Dallas fans acting like they win SB.

People abuse Cousins and want Dak...I must admit I'm not certain where Dak is better.

With a complete team, most QBs can succeed to varying levels. It is impossible not to see the talent that DALLAS has on offense.

The owner may be a glory hound who screws up the discipline of the organization with his endless pursuit of proving it was not JJ who won those superbowls.

But the talent is there...and Garret is not a bad offensive mind (there are alot worse out there).

Back
Top Bottom