With 1/4 of the season gone...our O-line.... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

With 1/4 of the season gone...our O-line....

PhinPhan1227

Why is there a watermelon there?
Reaction score
...sucks. We are definately winning DESPITE our O-line, and not because of it. Ricky is breaking his first tackle behind the LOS every time, and eventually it's going to cost us a game.

I caught the game with about 5:30 left in the 3rd quarter and until about halfway through the 4th, it looked like the Jags won the battle at the line of scrimmage on both sides. It looked like it reversed somewhat afterwards.

Our OL isn't opening any holes. At best they are holding the man across from them in place. Jay is getting hurried too much. So if they're not run blocking or pass blocking what are they doing?

Yeah, Ricky is definately not going to match what he did last year. He should still get at least 1200, but it is going to be a very hard earned 1200. Ricky struggled somewhat last year when Dixon was out as well. I wonder if and when Dixon comes back, if the line gets whipped back into shape.

Too many holding penalties. On two occasions, we started at first and 30. Not good. Jamie Nails was seen screaming with Wannstedt on the sidelines. This line is terrible and we will pay sooner rather than later if they don't shape up.

I agree the O-line has not performed thus far. We need more protection for Jay and more push on run plays. I can't remember the last time we had a complete package on the O-line though. Maybe back in '72....

Back
Top Bottom