With all of this talk... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

With all of this talk...

phinfan27

Practice Squad
Reaction score
About McCardell.... is there any evidence that shows we are even considering him?

none that i can find anywhere. seems like freeman is the only one so far. maybe we will pounce on him if tampa will let go. i say if they wont cut him at least offer a 5th ot 6th round pick this is a desperate time.

I would be worried if we did know the front office was going after him. That usually means we have no chance.

In all reality Freeman will sign and we will go with him and what we have.

pity...

McCardell would be a big time replacement. The Bucs would be dumb to basically take Brown over him. I think Brown only had 3 TD's last year. McCardell had a career year. We need to go after him.

phinfan34 said:
McCardell would be a big time replacement. The Bucs would be dumb to basically take Brown over him. I think Brown only had 3 TD's last year. McCardell had a career year. We need to go after him.
yes i agree 100% we must go after him. i would wait a little while to see if they will cut him and if they dont appear to do so at least call with an offer of a draft choice no higher than a 5th we need help in the worst way right now on offense and if they wont at least try we not only need offense but a front office as well. freeman is not the answer and im not saying keenan is but i would rather go that direction and try.

Phinman84 said:
Either Freeman or McCardell is better than Thompson.
i totally dis-agree derrius had a bad season with a mediocre quarterback give him a break if he falls on his *** this year yea hes a bust but look at our passing game we ranked 26 out of 32 teams last year it is not all his fault. i seen some pretty good plays from the guy like the catch in overtime against the pats to set up that missed field goal by mare :shakeno:. i just would not go that far just yet. lets try him 1 more year and if it does not work cut ties.

phinfan34 said:
About McCardell.... is there any evidence that shows we are even considering him?

There is no evidence because he is under contract with the Bucs. The NFL has tampering rules. You not supposed to talk about another team's players.

If he won't play in TB for the money they're willing to pay, how do we know he wouldn't just hold out here if we trade for him? I guess it would have to be a sign and trade kind of deal. I think he's a good enough player to at least take a shot at getting. He's definitely better than Freeman who couldn't even stick around on the Eagles!

phinfan34 said:
Not one shred.There was an offhanded denial at one point but not official.I think it should be watched closely by the FO.

BTW we need both Freeman and McCardell not just either/or.

Back
Top Bottom