With Dan gone, does this affect our QB Situation? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

With Dan gone, does this affect our QB Situation?

Nublar7

Retired FinHeaven Staff
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
With Dan hear I was 100% sure we would have a new starting QB next year. Now that he is gone, will they still chase Brunell or is it "One more year of Fiedler"? Was it Dan's decision to make QB a priority or was it the entire organization?

dan had no say, no power anyway...we'll know what the deal is come draft day if we take dj williams

I don't know anything any more. Maybe we should just keep Fiedler and Draft a QB in the 5th or 6th and use early picks to draft wideouts and Olinemen.

i think miami will still get a QB... i don't think Marino would have made that much of an impact on that choice anyway.

p.s. DREW HENSON.

Spielman's trustworthy on recognizing talent and needs, judging by the way he wanted to go in previous drafts. I think they'll still go after improvement at QB.

Well let me give some props to the first person to ask a good question since the news.

I would say that getting Rivers might have just gone down a bit with Dan doing alot of talking with the kid. But i hope not. i think the kid rules.

But i keep hearing Brunell, brunell brunell............. and then i think, thats who our QB is going to be. I will not be thrilled. I will watch us spend more money on a guy who wont be here in a couple of years.

I agree finsfan54, the news reports make it sound like Brunell is a given. With all the info that is thrown out, it would really suprise me to see Brunell go to another team other then the Dolphins.

Originally posted by Nublar7
I agree finsfan54, the news reports make it sound like Brunell is a given. With all the info that is thrown out, it would really suprise me to see Brunell go to another team other then the Dolphins.

Everything at this point is positioning and rumor...sure the organization has said they're interested in a few people...but they wouldn't show their entire hand this early.

Well Dan had his opinion & it would have been heard even if he didn't have any true power. He liked Rivers no doubt, so with him gone that interest will be less of taking him in the first round, thank God.

Originally posted by SMadison29
Well Dan had his opinion & it would have been heard even if he didn't have any true power. He liked Rivers no doubt, so with him gone that interest will be less of taking him in the first round, thank God.

He wouldn't have had any influence on that decision bro. Rick was fully planning on picking who he wanted regardless.

Him being gone will not affect anything that has to do with this team imo.Rick's the one that can make a difference with a good draft and free agency. Dan wasn't gonna do that as he really wasn't ready to do it. I'd like for Dan to be a part of the team in some capacity but I'm not upset that he made this choice. I'm more worry about having a coach that can't pick the players he wants. But I agree that he's not very good at it. He should be gone all together imo.

Ozzy rules!

I think Brunell still has some good years left in him, so we should get him and then worry about the replacement in a couple years, we should draft WRs and o-linemen

Do you think Marino bailed because he realized he wasn't going to influence the direction of the team? He loved Rivers and openly admitted liking the thought of pursuing Terrell Owens and Drew Henson. Do you think he may have been against Brunell?

Back
Top Bottom