With Fitzpatrick How Can The Defense Look Now? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

With Fitzpatrick How Can The Defense Look Now?

matt11390

Starter
Reaction score
Some quick thoughts about the new defense look.

Miami could go mostly dime packages or nickel packages. Use 4 lineman, 2 LBs, 3 safeties, 2 corners.

Miami could go with 4 DL, 1 LB, 3 safeties, 3 corners.

My favorite is 4 DL with 4 corners and 3 safeties. Put their 4 best pass rushers on the line. Quinn, Wake, Harris, and Branch. Use 3 safeties by putting McDonald in the box area and let Jones and Fitzpatrick roam. Use 4 corners by putting Howard and Tank on the outside and putting McCain and Lippett on the inside. I love this look. Lots of speed and size on the field.

Thoughts?

I bet Reshad won't be yelling at anyone for being out of position. The one thing I have gathered about Minkah is he knows his stuff...better than the coaches. He will watch film and live at the facility. You found your ZT...he just plays safety.

Much less predictable. When you have an athletic freak who can line up all over the field, that forces the offense to always account for him. We'll see how great he can be if he still balls out after teams try to scheme him out of the game. Other players will get shine as well just by his presence on the field. When you're a star FS for Nick Saban, that says a lot when he can get almost any player he wants.

He's going to have an impact, but unfortunately, it's going to be negated by some of the square peg/round hole pieces we currently have in place (McDonald/Kiko) or just downright mediocre talent surrounding (see the current defensive tackle rotation)

Fitzpatrick had a wonderlic score of 30. So that backfield just got smarter. This goes with what Gase was saying that he wants high IQ smart players playing for him.

I see them picking up Goedert as well his wonderlic was 34.
Gase sure doesn't seem to be talking out his ass does he? He's really putting together a good team.

Fitzpatrick had a wonderlic score of 30. So that backfield just got smarter. This goes with what Gase was saying that he wants high IQ smart players playing for him.

I see them picking up Goedert as well his wonderlic was 34.
Gase sure doesn't seem to be talking out his ass does he? He's really putting together a good team.

Minkah gives us a lot of options. I agree getting Goedert would be a great draft for me

this was a great pick, he instantly makes the defense better and is a natural leader...its almost like we have 2 rookies that will contribute significantly if you count mcmillan...

I can't make up my mind between Goedert and GESICKI

One had outstanding production the past 2 years against
less than stellar competition
( St Thomas could probably give some of those teams a good game)

The other has had decent production against top college teams
in the same time frame but is an unbelievable athletic freak
but his production didn't match up with his combine performance

In related news I'd like to ask Draft Guru's about Maurice Hurst
any idea what round he's suppose to go in and would he
be a fit on our defense?

Back
Top Bottom