With his injury history is preston guaranteed a spot? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

With his injury history is preston guaranteed a spot?

opticblazed

Basement Dweller
Reaction score
I Like Preston. He has a great skill set, but, he hasn't finished a season in 2 yrs. With the deph at wr, is he guaranteed a spot? Especially since the FO has no problems releasing/cutting players. Does he even deserve to be on the team seeing as his availability has been limited?

Well I don’t think anybody is guaranteed outside of the top 3 (fuller, Waddle, Parker) but Preston has a good shot. Especially if grant and/or Wilson are cut

I think the only WRs with a guaranteed spot are Fuller and Waddle.

My prediction is Miami keeps the above mentioned as well as Parker, Bowden, Williams and Wilson.

No. I think he'll be given an upper hand but if he underwhelms/a few guys really out play him he could be on the outside looking in. I don't think that's likely but stranger things have happened

No guarantee he sticks, but this team obviously has NO problem rolling the dice on injuries if he looks good in training camp. Heck, his career has mirrored Devante Parker's so far with injuries, and look how having patience turned out in that scenario.

I think he sticks and has a solid year. He has a lot of talent and is a hard worker. More talent around him should make him one of the primary beneficiaries of avoiding the other team's best defenders. He also has the potential to step in if others get hurt and be a WR1, which is super valuable.

I posted that he’s not guranteed a roster spot and got laughed at for it. But I really think he’s gonna have to fight. Parker, Fuller, and Waddle are locks. That leaves 2-3 (most likely 3 spots). The team just invested a pick to acquire Lynn Bowden and he showed promise I think he makes the team. So you have Williams, Albert Wilson, Allen Hurns, Robert Foster, Mack Hollins, Malcom Perry all fighting for 2 spots. I think Mack Hollins makes the team for special teams/blocking. Preston doesn’t offer you anything on special teams. I do think he ends up squeaking out a spot, but if he gets hurt or doesn’t have a strong camp and Wilson comes back looking refreshed and meshes well with Tua (stylistic better fit) I think there is a chance Preston is a surprise cut/trade

I’ll let KVN, Bobby McCain, and Shaw Lawson answer this one:

“uh no...”

Nobody has a guarantee other than Waddle and Fuller but I think he'll stick unless he gets hurt again. He totally has the potential so if he can stay healthy the sky's the limit.

Definitely a trade candidate if he falls too far down the pecking order in camp. At some point he has to stay healthy and prove that he's worth a second contract.

Back
Top Bottom