With his injury history is preston guaranteed a spot? | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

With his injury history is preston guaranteed a spot?

WP had good camp, which helped him made the team. But on the field, he can't separate, had drops, and with added injury concern. I rather roll with our other WR.
he's 6'5" 220 and talented.

was signed as an undrafted free agent, and has started a number of games for us as a rookie and 2nd year player.

he has almost unlimited potential and makes nothing.

that's why he makes the team.

i think his ceiling is high as well.

i also think he is nowhere near the level of a healthy parker at this stage of his career.

DVP has emerged as Mr. Dominant Receiver when healthy (with the likes of Fitzy and RookieTua throwing him the ball) and should be the focal point of our passing game going forward (with a nod to Fuller and Waddle, of course).
...and I think that Williams is potentially even better. He's certainly younger and cheaper.

He has a chance.

if williams turned out to be a better player than parker?

that would be phenomenal!
I'm not going out on too much of a limb here, but I think it is possible.

He's tall, runs very well, and was really starting to look dominant-- right when he was injured.

If he becomes a Malik Hooker type, then it'll be sad for everyone, but if those two injuries were just bad luck and not poor structure, then I really think he has the ability to be a 1A receiver in the NFL.

I'm not going out on too much of a limb here, but I think it is possible.

He's tall, runs very well, and was really starting to look dominant-- right when he was injured.

If he becomes a Malik Hooker type, then it'll be sad for everyone, but if those two injuries were just bad luck and not poor structure, then I really think he has the ability to be a 1A receiver in the NFL.
i think malik might have been achilles (ouch) or some other soft tissue thing.

preston was ACL, broken foot.

so let's hope no similarities.

i think malik might have been achilles (ouch) or some other soft tissue thing.

preston was ACL, broken foot.

so let's hope no similarities.
If he takes another big injury this year, we'll close the book on him.

If he takes another big injury this year, we'll close the book on him.
unless someone lands on his neck and he breaks a clavicle or something.

that kind of stuff can happen to anyone at any time.

i already feel bad for him. 3 years in a row would be ridiculous upon ridiculous.

Consistently good? Who you kidding? Your expectations are too low. The minute we cut him, he won’t be in the nfl anymore.
So when he plays, averging almost 3 Receptions, 1 TD, 14+ Yards a reception is not good?

Could be a stud as a backup to DP when his inevitable 4 missed games happen just in time to take over for when PW's inevitable injury right in time for DP to get healthy......

In terms of quality/ability it Goes Parker-Fuller-Waddle > Wilson > Williams > Bowden > Grant > the other guys. IMO.

nope.

apparently we are the only thing keeping him in the league! lmao
The only thing keeping him in the league is, when he's playing, he does perform, problem is, he rarely plays because he always injured.

The guy in 16 games (Yes I agree, only 16 games in 2 seasons is alone reason to move on), he has 50 receptions for 716 yards (14.3 yards a rec) 7 Tds, including 12-20 yrd rec and a 1- 40yrd rec.

I am not saying he's starter material, just that he does have good talent, is extremely cheap, and as a 4th, 5th, or possibly 6th receiver, he really is for now very valuable...Unless he still gets injured as a backup.

Cheap, young and potential he will stick. I would leave him on IR till mid season this year though when Fuller or Parker will likely get injured as history most likely repeats itself on a longer 17 game season.

Back
Top Bottom