With his injury history is preston guaranteed a spot? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

With his injury history is preston guaranteed a spot?

If he doesn't stop dropping easy passes, he is not going to make the team. Its the most competitive position on the roster.

To be completely honest he doesn't do it enough to just say its solved or not based on preseason IMO.

He still has a lot more potential at WR than most of our guys which is why I say he makes it.

He is far too talented not to be given a shot, though of course he will have to earn it...as do every player on the team.

On the other hand, though he has proven to be consistently good when on the field, he has been injured two years in a row, so two strikes Preston...try to stay healthy.

Mr glass should be cut, always injured, doesn’t finish plays when play is not for him, terrible body language, 6’5 and is not physical. Slow . I can go on and on.

He is far too talented not to be given a shot, though of course he will have to earn it...as do every player on the team.

On the other hand, though he has proven to be consistently good when on the field, he has been injured two years in a row, so two strikes Preston...try to stay healthy.
Consistently good? Who you kidding? Your expectations are too low. The minute we cut him, he won’t be in the nfl anymore.

No guarantee he sticks, but this team obviously has NO problem rolling the dice on injuries if he looks good in training camp. Heck, his career has mirrored Devante Parker's so far with injuries, and look how having patience turned out in that scenario.

I think he sticks and has a solid year. He has a lot of talent and is a hard worker. More talent around him should make him one of the primary beneficiaries of avoiding the other team's best defenders. He also has the potential to step in if others get hurt and be a WR1, which is super valuable.
I don't think his injury history has mirrored DVP's, maybe his availability. DVP's injuries were always questionable and questioned his desire to play hamstrings, groins, sore this, sore that. It was as if some of his "injuries" were created out of spite. Remember most of his injury history was under Gase. Williams had a torn ACL and a freak foot injury, neither was in question and neither was his fault. I agree, he's cheap, young, and talented, he will be here. I wouldn't be surprised to see us part ways with DVP after this year and PW fills the void. DVP is no spring chicken based on our team's demographics, he's 28.

I don't think his injury history has mirrored DVP's, maybe his availability. DVP's injuries were always questionable and questioned his desire to play hamstrings, groins, sore this, sore that. It was as if some of his "injuries" were created out of spite. Remember most of his injury history was under Gase. Williams had a torn ACL and a freak foot injury, neither was in question and neither was his fault. I agree, he's cheap, young, and talented, he will be here. I wouldn't be surprised to see us part ways with DVP after this year and PW fills the void. DVP is no spring chicken based on our team's demographics, he's 28.
While I agree Parker has suffered too many injuries, the reality is when they are both healthy, Parker is the much better WR. I think Parker will likely play out his present contract and by then the Dolphins will move on and bring in another WR to replace him. with the WR’s they now have on the team, I prefer Fuller, Waddle, Parker, Bowden, Wilson , and Hurns over keeping Williams but I could see them keeping Williams over Hurns because he is cheaper, even if he isn’t better than Hurns.

His rookie year he scored on us. He averaged 20yds per catch that season on 27 receptions or something like that. Week 17 last year The WFT threw him in and he had a 28 yd catch. He didn’t play most of the season. Only 2 games really.
Ok, Im confusing him with someone else. Who was it that caught a long TD from the backup QB against Jones in Week 17?

While I agree Parker has suffered too many injuries, the reality is when they are both healthy, Parker is the much better WR. I think Parker will likely play out his present contract and by then the Dolphins will move on and bring in another WR to replace him. with the WR’s they now have on the team, I prefer Fuller, Waddle, Parker, Bowden, Wilson , and Hurns over keeping Williams but I could see them keeping Williams over Hurns because he is cheaper, even if he isn’t better than Hurns.
Parker is only the 'better receiver' because he's been in the league for over 5 years. Preston was making better plays as a rookie than Parker was in his first 3 years.

I'm going to say YES!

More out of necessity than "guaranteed"

He's cheap and has shown flashes. His biggest problem is making it through an entire season.

Now with the way the roster is currently structured the Dolphins can't afford to outright cut him.

To be completely honest he doesn't do it enough to just say its solved or not based on preseason IMO.

He still has a lot more potential at WR than most of our guys which is why I say he makes it.
Amazing how when WRs catch bullets with fingertips with coverage draped on in the endzone and it's 'shrug' by the fans, but drop one easy one once every 5 games and it's 'he cant catch'.
I only remember One drop from PDub last year.

Preston seems "unfinished" to me, the guy got attributes but not sure if he's starter worthy. The last 2 years he was forced into it because we had no one, this year he'll definitely half to earn it IMO

Amazing how when WRs catch bullets with fingertips with coverage draped on in the endzone and it's 'shrug' by the fans, but drop one easy one once every 5 games and it's 'he cant catch'.
I only remember One drop from PDub last year.

Lol Trust me I could forgive him if what you said was true. Its just not. He basket catches everything, runs bad routes and can't separate, jumps for no reason instead of running through the ball.

Even when its not a drop he leaves plays and yardage on the field.

Consistently good? Who you kidding? Your expectations are too low. The minute we cut him, he won’t be in the nfl anymore.
you wouldn't cut him.

you could trade him for a draft pick.

he would definitely not be out of the league.

he'll probably carve out a 12 year career for himself.

Preston seems "unfinished" to me, the guy got attributes but not sure if he's starter worthy. The last 2 years he was forced into it because we had no one, this year he'll definitely half to earn it IMO
2nd year player, who missed 8 games each of his first two seasons.

give him an opportunity to "finish" himself :)

Back
Top Bottom