With his injury history is preston guaranteed a spot? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

With his injury history is preston guaranteed a spot?

He's MUCH better than Hurns...

I think he's a sneaky pick for most improved player on the 2021 team.

IF he remains healthy, which obviously has been the problem, I think he's got a good chance to take Parker's job.

He's MUCH better than Hurns...

I think he's a sneaky pick for most improved player on the 2021 team.

IF he remains healthy, which obviously has been the problem, I think he's got a good chance to take Parker's job.
let's not get all hasty!

parker is a superb player when healthy, and one of our only vets.

i'd like to see him finish his career here (with multiple championships, of course).

Can't, for the life of me, see why Parker isn't included on the 53 man roster. Fuller got a 6 game suspension for PEDs that just so took place during a career year...yet his place on the team is more solid than Parker's?

He is far too talented not to be given a shot, though of course he will have to earn it...as do every player on the team.

On the other hand, though he has proven to be consistently good when on the field, he has been injured two years in a row, so two strikes Preston...try to stay healthy.
Far too talented?
Do you think any team will offer anything for him if we put him on the trading block?
Thats how I objective look at our talents, and avoid being a homer.

Far too talented?
Do you think any team will offer anything for him if we put him on the trading block?
Thar how I objective look at our talents, and avoid being a homer.
absolutely.

especially since he doesn't make any money.

you could get a 6th or 7th for sure, maybe a 5th.

put him on the practice squad, he will be gone the second the announcement gets out.

Can't, for the life of me, see why Parker isn't included on the 53 man roster. Fuller got a 6 game suspension for PEDs that just so took place during a career year...yet his place on the team is more solid than Parker's?
where is parker not on the 53?

he is a starter at one of the WR spots.

he is in your top 11 on offense.

absolutely.

especially since he doesn't make any money.

you could get a 6th or 7th for sure, maybe a 5th.

put him on the practice squad, he will be gone the second the announcement gets out.
I doubt it. Iffy for a 7, absolutely no chance for a 5. If no team offer McCain anything, I doubt it with WP.

I doubt it. If no team offer McCain anything, I doubt it with WP.
mccain was making money.

if mccain was making what preston is making we might have been able to get a pick for him too.

and preston williams is a better player than bobby mccain.

let's not get all hasty!

parker is a superb player when healthy, and one of our only vets.

i'd like to see him finish his career here (with multiple championships, of course).
Given how Flores/Grier have handled veterans... Don't you think Parker is a target?

Williams was the better receiver when his injury struck last year... If we can keep Christian Wilkins from jumping on him, I think his ceiling is VERY high.

where is parker not on the 53?

he is a starter at one of the WR spots.

he is in your top 11 on offense.
Scrolling back there were a few posters that said the only locks at WR were Fuller and Waddle.

ah. i think they are thinking Parker might be a trade target because of salary?
I hope that's the thinking and not that he's release material just because his style doesn't mesh with Tua's.

mccain was making money.

if mccain was making what preston is making we might have been able to get a pick for him too.

and preston williams is a better player than bobby mccain.
WP had good camp, which helped him made the team. But on the field, he can't separate, had drops, and with added injury concern. I rather roll with our other WR.

Scrolling back there were a few posters that said the only locks at WR were Fuller and Waddle.
I was one of them...

I listed him as (likely).

If we love... love our newer receivers, I think he could be traded. His contract isn't bad, and he is a respected vet.

Do I think it is likely?

no.

Given how Flores/Grier have handled veterans... Don't you think Parker is a target?

Williams was the better receiver when his injury struck last year... If we can keep Christian Wilkins from jumping on him, I think his ceiling is VERY high.
i think his ceiling is high as well.

i also think he is nowhere near the level of a healthy parker at this stage of his career.

DVP has emerged as Mr. Dominant Receiver when healthy (with the likes of Fitzy and RookieTua throwing him the ball) and should be the focal point of our passing game going forward (with a nod to Fuller and Waddle, of course).

Back
Top Bottom