With Ja’wuan James Off To Denver, Let’s Explore The Remaining Right Tackle Market | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

With Ja’wuan James Off To Denver, Let’s Explore The Remaining Right Tackle Market

if we can move back in the first round and get an extra 3rd round pick then we can go D-line twice and O-line twice in the first 3 rounds. That'd be a good start.

Bye. Won't miss him tbh. i thought he was decent, but nothing special. Nice guy, glad he got paid, but he's replaceable.

Just draft a tackle/guard this year on day 2. Don't go after anyone in F/A unless they were cut.

Jawaan Taylor just became an option at # 13, if he slides that far. But I'm expecting a trade back to acquire more picks. Possibly more picks in 2020 as well? In the latter part of round #1 the quality is there for CB, OG, C, DT and DE. More options at more positions and for more trades.

Jawaan Taylor just became an option at # 13, if he slides that far. But I'm expecting a trade back to acquire more picks. Possibly more picks in 2020 as well? In the latter part of round #1 the quality is there for CB, OG, C, DT and DE. More options at more positions and for more trades.

I don’t want to pick a right tackle at 13... trade backs possible... I think a trade up for a QB is also on the table.

Why is it other teams can find competent o-linemen in the middle rounds, but Miami wastes top picks on them? I think the problem (besides Front Office incompetence) is that Philbin and Gase preferred finesse play in their dink-and-dunk offenses. Flores needs to get rid of that finesse garbage and go with old-school smash-mouth players on the o-line (and d-line). It's about time that the o-line can be looked upon as an offensive weapon and a strength instead of a sieve. I'm tired of seeing Miami QBs running for their life, or being hit almost immediately after the snap.

Anything but a first round RT please. That would be an absolute nightmare.

Typical Dolphins move, create a hole unnecessarily and then fill it with a top pick (that they probably won't re-sign, because cap space = championships). Rinse and repeat.

Why is it other teams can find competent o-linemen in the middle rounds, but Miami wastes top picks on them? I think the problem (besides Front Office incompetence) is that Philbin and Gase preferred finesse play in their dink-and-dunk offenses. Flores needs to get rid of that finesse garbage and go with old-school smash-mouth players on the o-line (and d-line). It's about time that the o-line can be looked upon as an offensive weapon and a strength instead of a sieve. I'm tired of seeing Miami QBs running for their life, or being hit almost immediately after the snap.
Your assessment of the finesse players is right on point. The other major issue was the coaches they put in place to develop them. Foerster, Washburn and the cincy o-line coach were the guys hired. 2/3 are scumbags and the other guy was a mystery whether he was good. Then you factor in Martin, Thomas, Turner, Bushrod, Larsen and the entire 2013 line. You get the big picture.

Back
Top Bottom