With Pick #164 Fins Select Guard Isaac Asiata with | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

With Pick #164 Fins Select Guard Isaac Asiata with

Favorite pick so far. We needed to get nasty inside and he's one of the nastier interior guys in the draft. The value is fantastic.

[TWEET]858400646982115328[/TWEET]

I hope we try him at LG and dont try move him around like Philbin used to with young guards

Asiata is from the same town as myself. Seen the guy tear it up at the local gym and in high school, and couldn't be happier that he is a fin!

I'm a lifelong Ute fan and season ticket holder. Let me just say right now, Asiata will be an instant fan favorite, an immediate starter, and finally a long term answer at 1 of the Guard spots. This guy is simply top shelf on and off the field. This pick is an absolute home run and I couldn't be happier!

Thanks for the details Aqua. Sounds glorious to me :-)

Other than his age, I like the pick. His skill set fits.

With that said having a 24 year old rookie (tankersley) and a 25 year old one (Asiata) is not ideal.

Incognito is 33 and is considered a good lineman still. If Asiata can provide half a dozen good years on the line what else could you want?

In terms of value and where they actually they got him Asiata is the best pick in the draft by the Dolphins by a good margin. Absolutely love this pick!

Theres tape on youtube vs BYU and Washington. What I saw:

-Plays severely off balance. You'll see him lunge quite often and fall forward. (Hard to coach as this is more instinct than technique)

-Not great at holding a block once he's got his man. The block gets the job done but if he'd only grab those pads inside the shoulders (easily coachable with repitition) his assignment would end up in
the stands because...

-The guy DOES NOT get pushed back. He may not always be moving forward but he DOES NOT move backwards- strong as an ox.

- Center experience. (Much needed due to Pouncey's history of injury)

Great project IMO. You can't teach strength.

[video=youtube_share;ud3_lXq7Ub4]https://youtu.be/ud3_lXq7Ub4[/video]

More excited about this than anything on day two. Tho another guard or C would have been even better.... curse that carroo trade :(

Brett Brecheisen‏ 
@bbrech

More
With the selection of G Isaac Asiata, the Dolphins have now selected an offensive lineman in all 52 drafts in team history.

THE REBUILDING CONTINUES

This is why you don't reach for offensive lineman in the first two rounds!! Great Pick!

Stop...

Everyone who wanted a Guard in this draft was sweating bullets until NFLRumors said there was a trade in the making. If there was no Philly then we are biting our nails whether Detroit needs a LG.

Hindsight is 20/20...

Back
Top Bottom