With Pick #164 Fins Select Guard Isaac Asiata with | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

With Pick #164 Fins Select Guard Isaac Asiata with

If Hunter Dimick hasnt been picked up, we should grab his team mate as well.

Most of us thought there was no chance he'd make it to 97. Incredible. A lot of people moved him up to the second round on their board, and we talked about him at 54 as well.

This guy is going to start in September for us. Guaranteed.

I can only imagine the amount of emotions he has finally living out his dream. Seeing raw emotion in the video like that makes me smile and shows that these kids or adults in his case :lol: actually grind for this only to have nonathletic snobs talk about them year around.

After watching some tape on him I like him. It makes sense he was a third round prospect. Plays off-balance and lacks hip flexibility. This hurts him at the second level especially as he tends to struggle getting guys lined up and he's on the ground too much. But he doesn't get pushed back and he's a bull in a phone booth. He's a pretty decent athlete to boot as far as quickness, it's just a lack of flexibility that hurts. His upside probably isn't huge, but I think he's got a high floor and is bordering on a plug and play LG year one, especially with what's in front of him. He's an older prospect but I think that works in his favor entering the league. I see a good starting LG that isn't going to hurt you very often but will have some limitations.

Wonder he can convince his cousin Matt Asiata FB for the Vikings to sign with Miami?

@ArmandoSalguero: Dolphins GM Chris Grier says Asiata on the field "is a nasty prick."

My kinda guard lol

[TWEET]858478905820274688[/TWEET]

Photoshop is one skill I would love to learn some day

Still think this was a great pick at the right time! Asiata will definitely help solidify our line. Not everyone on Finheaven thought we should go OL with the first two rounds regardless of what Dphinz thinks. Let's just be happy with the way the draft worked out. Go Fins!

Last edited by a moderator:
Still think this was a great pick at the right time! Asiata will definitely help solidify our line. Not everyone on Finheaven thought we should go OL with the first two rounds regardless of what Dphinz thinks. Let's just be happy with the way the draft worked out. Go Fins!

Seems as if I have my oen little Shady Mc Koy...I'm honored.

Very happy with the pick. I listed him as one of the guys I wanted in the 5th, but didn't think would be there.

Pros:
He has much better feet than he is given credit for having. Exceptionally good at going from the stance/snap to his blocking angle spot. Consistently gets angle leverage. Doesn't get walked back (so he's the anti-Dallas Thomas :)). He has the natural power. Great character. Great locker room guy. Day 1 starter material with the ability to create run lanes and pretty good pass defense.

Cons:
While he pulls very well, he sometimes misses his target when striking. Doesn't look for work as diligently as he should. Despite being very powerful, he doesn't always move people like he should, which may show up against the dominant DT's like the Jets and Bills. Only average at getting leverage. Needs more polish with his technique, but not bad. Over age, but will be in his peak years when his rookie contract ends.

All in all I'm very happy with this pick. With so few decent interior linemen available in this draft, I'm very happy we took one of the good ones. He has decent technique, although it does need a little improvement. He has plenty of power, although I'm not sure he's using it as effectively or consistently as he should ... but that can be coached. Good upside. Good day 1 plug and play ability. Very good selection for the 5th round. In other drafts he'd be gone before the 5th, and it's a bit surprising he was there in this one. I like the pick. I really like the minor trade up (+2 spots to select him jumping over the Lions, -10 spots in the swap of the last 5th for their 6th, for a -8 total spots). It was a tiny price to pay to secure a steal in the 5th.

I'm glad we finally addressed our obvious guard needs. We can get by with one weak guard spot, but we really couldn't get by with two weak guard spots. Now if Pouncey can get and stay healthy, we may be OK along the OL.

This is the only pick of the weekend I actually liked. I never thought he would drop this far.

Seems as if I have my oen little Shady Mc Koy...I'm honored.

Wow...I get the Shady McCoy? I have lived in So Fl for 50 years and you compare me to a Bills player? Not cool...I just didn't agree with your assessment of my first post. I am sorry that after being on Finheaven since 2004 and contributing as a donor in past years that it bothered you so much. I will just keep reading and not posting as I don't want to upset you Kiko??

Again, Very happy with the draft and see everyone in East 22 and also Wembley for those that are going.

Finatical

Back
Top Bottom