With Surtaion got, who you have at 46? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

With Surtaion got, who you have at 46?

DrAstroZoom said:
Let me add this. If the Buchanaon trqade hadn't happened, we wouldn't have gotten ANYTHING for Surtain, IMO.

I disagree. Someone would have given up proper value for him, whether it be this year or next year after franchising him. Cornerbacks are in too big of a demand in the league for someone to not give up true value for one of the league's best corners.

Nick's desire to get an extra pick caused him to jump too quickly on this deal.

Patrick Surtain's value is that of a first round pick, and we should have gotten first round pick value in return for him. I would have taken nothing less.

KB21 said:
I disagree. Someone would have given up proper value for him, whether it be this year or next year after franchising him. Cornerbacks are in too big of a demand in the league for someone to not give up true value for one of the league's best corners.

Nick's desire to get an extra pick caused him to jump too quickly on this deal.

Patrick Surtain's value is that of a first round pick, and we should have gotten first round pick value in return for him. I would have taken nothing less.

And you would have been disappointed. The Colts and Seahawks can't get takers on THIRD round value for two of the biggest runningback superstars in the league, and you wouldn't take anything less than first round for Surtain??

To quote a drinking buddy of mine, have you lost your damn mind? :lol:

Franchise tag players are becoming the cold taters of the league. Tasty to none, they sit unwanted on the buffet table until someone offers a quarter for one of them.

DrAstroZoom said:
And you would have been disappointed. The Colts and Seahawks can't get takers on THIRD round value for two of the biggest runningback superstars in the league, and you wouldn't take anything less than first round for Surtain??

To quote a drinking buddy of mine, have you lost your damn mind? :lol:

Franchise tag players are becoming the cold taters of the league. Tasty to none, they sit unwanted on the buffet table until someone offers a quarter for one of them.

Once again. They are running backs. You cannot compare running back value to cornerback value.

KB21 said:
I'm disappointed in this trade. I do not feel we got proper value for Patrick. We shouldn't have to be swapping 5th round picks. They should be giving us their 5th round pick as well as a pick next year.

Something is very wrong when Philip Buchanan draws more in a trade than Patrick Surtain.

:topic:

Wow... after that highjacking, does anyone still remember the original point to this thread?

KB21 said:
Once again. They are running backs. You cannot compare running back value to cornerback value.

There is no WAY we could EVER have gotten a 1st round pick for Patrick Surtain.

Period.

The end.

Back
Top Bottom