With the 9th pick in the draft.... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

With the 9th pick in the draft....

Shamboubou

THE REAL SOUL SHAKER!
Reaction score
The Miami Dolphins select ___________ from ______________!!!

Lets get this started, take a break from the Saban saga and lets start looking towards next year already. (Although it sucks to be January looking ahead towards next season).

I wanna here who people want to draft, and more importantly WHY!! Please dont just put a name, I want solid reasons. Not cause he's good or cause he's awesome, lets get some real statements about the players.

It's not that I want him more than other players(I do like him), but based on early projections of who will be availavable at #9, Laron Landry seems like BPA. Not only does it fill a need in the secondary, but if Allen can step up play in the offseason(i.e. claim the starting left safety spot), we would be set at S for years to come, and have guys back there who can cover, ball hawk, and tackle well.

I could also see someone like Ted Ginn(even though I don't like him as much) whose potential is through the roof, and would be a dynamic special teams player as well.

The Miami Dolphins select ___________ from ______________!!!

Lets get this started, take a break from the Saban saga and lets start looking towards next year already. (Although it sucks to be January looking ahead towards next season).

I wanna here who people want to draft, and more importantly WHY!! Please dont just put a name, I want solid reasons. Not cause he's good or cause he's awesome, lets get some real statements about the players.

too early...need to know which juniors will declare.

we need to seriously look at QB !!!

Based on what Saban said at his presser yesterday, great teams normally have exceptional play from their Qb, Wr, and at least good play from their Rb. If he stays, it looks to me like we might be looking at Wr.

I want to take a good look at Louisville QB Brian Brohm in tonights Orange Bowl. I believe he's a junior who may come out early to bolt for the NFL. He looks very good on paper regarding stats and size. Let's all check him out tonight (5pm I think) in the big game. Maybe he's the guy for us.

Those who think or want a QB with the 1st round pick, should stop dreaming.....It's not going to happen, PERIOD. I would like to see us draft Trot Smith in the 2nd or 3rd round if he slips, as he would be a excellant back-up. Not sure which Juniors are going to declare, but I like the following players:

LT - Tony Uogh
DT - Quinn Pit****
CB - Leon Hall
WR - Ted Ginn Jr.
S - Reggie Nelson

All of these players feel a much needed role on our team. I also think it will depend on which of the 30 players that the Dolphin decide to resign, as well as who they sign in free agency, will extremely dictate who we go for in the 1st round.

That would make me happy. Tho I wouldn't be surprised to see Saban grab a pass rusher especially if JT retires.

If that's the case, and Saban's still around, I think that pick would have Quentin Moses written all over it. SEC player, can play DE and 3-4 OLB.

Those who think or want a QB with the 1st round pick, should stop dreaming.....It's not going to happen, PERIOD. I would like to see us draft Trot Smith in the 2nd or 3rd round if he slips, as he would be a excellant back-up. Not sure which Juniors are going to declare, but I like the following players:

LT - Tony Uogh
DT - Quinn Pit****
CB - Leon Hall
WR - Ted Ginn Jr.
S - Reggie Nelson

All of these players feel a much needed role on our team. I also think it will depend on which of the 30 players that the Dolphin decide to resign, as well as who they sign in free agency, will extremely dictate who we go for in the 1st round.

so you don't think that the state of daunte's knee, say around late march time frame, will have an influence in the draft ?

and, are you willing to go into camp with a gimpy daunte, joey, who proved he's not the man, and lemon, who has played a grand total of 1 game. if your answer is yes, then it is you who is dreaming.

btw, smith will be picked in the first round...mark my word.

Back
Top Bottom