With the way Houston is trending they might have a top ten pick next year. | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

With the way Houston is trending they might have a top ten pick next year.

Where are all the examples of WRs mattering in the post season?

They matter only in that you have to have them, not in terms of investing in them.

Randy Moss, Terrell Owens, Calvin Jones, Julio Jones, AJ Green, Larry Fitzgerald, Michael Thomas, Antonio Brown, Odell Beckham, Deandre Hopkins, Devante Adams.....where are the titles?

The best WR in the NFL, Julio Jones, couldn’t make enough of an impact to stop the Patriots from closing a 25 point gap in the Super Bowl.

Michael Thomas puts up mind boggling numbers in the regular season but....

Unless your playing on a loaded offense with a hall of game QB and have a talented duo like the Rams with Holt/Bruce and the Colts with Harrison/Wayne historically they don’t make the big impact. Even those two examples that played on stacked teams were only able to win 1 title each. And those are the best examples of WRs mattering.

Brady couldn’t win a title with Moss but didnt have a problem winning with Edelman, Troy Brown and Deion Branch.

Just this season Tyreek Hill became the best WR to win a SB since Marvin Harrison. Before that it was Plaxico Burress, Alshon Jeffrey and a past his prime Demaryius Thomas.

The Eagles instantly regretted giving Alshon Jeffrey a new deal.

proof is in the history of the postseason.

Believe it or not, the Steelers, Ravens(with Ozzie Newsom), Patriots and Giants know better than you.

Last edited:
Hopkins and Watson were like magic in a few of their close games. I don't think they beat the Titans the first time around without Hopkins.

They are looking like the 3rd team in the AFC South prior to the draft.

We already did this once with the Steelers pick.... dont look forward to anything like that at this point

Where are all the examples of WRs mattering in the post season?

They matter only in that you have to have them, not in terms of investing in them.

Randy Moss, Terrell Owens, Calvin Jones, Julio Jones, AJ Green, Larry Fitzgerald, Michael Thomas, Antonio Brown, Odell Beckham, Deandre Hopkins, Devante Adams.....where are the titles?

The best WR in the NFL, Julio Jones, couldn’t make enough of an impact to stop the Patriots from closing a 25 point gap in the Super Bowl.

Michael Thomas puts up mind boggling numbers in the regular season but....

Unless your playing on a loaded offense with a hall of game QB and have a talented duo like the Rams with Holt/Bruce and the Colts with Harrison/Wayne historically they don’t make the big impact. Even those two examples that played on stacked teams were only able to win 1 title each. And those are the best examples of WRs mattering.

Brady couldn’t win a title with Moss but didnt have a problem winning with Edelman, Troy Brown and Deion Branch.

Just this season Tyreek Hill became the best WR to win a SB since Marvin Harrison. Before that it was Plaxico Burress, Alshon Jeffrey and a past his prime Demaryius Thomas.

The Eagles instantly regretted giving Alshon Jeffrey a new deal.

proof is in the history of the postseason.

Believe it or not, the Steelers, Ravens(with Ozzie Newsom), Patriots and Giants know better than you.

The Patriots that traded a 1st for Cooks, or the Patriots that traded a 2nd for Sanu after spending a 1st on Harry?

Who was Baltimore's 1st RD pick in 2019?

A lot goes into winning a SB, but no one - literally no one - thinks WR's don't matter. After QB, no one position is important enough to make up for significant weaknesses elsewhere, and single-elimination results are largely random, but WR is as important as any non-QB position.

The Patriots that traded a 1st for Cooks, or the Patriots that traded a 2nd for Sanu after spending a 1st on Harry?

Who was Baltimore's 1st RD pick in 2019?

A lot goes into winning a SB, but no one - literally no one - thinks WR's don't matter. After QB, no one position is important enough to make up for significant weaknesses elsewhere, and single-elimination results are largely random, but WR is as important as any non-QB position.

Ok dude.

I’m talking about Ravens teams that won titles. Ozzie Newsom rolled the dice one time with Travis Taylor and said I’m never doing that get again, until he did, with The 2019 Ravens are a perfect example of a team that could’ve used CBs or OL more than a WR.

Brandin Cooks was on the losing end of back to back Super Bowls so how did that work out? New England got 1 reception out of him against the Eagles. A washed up Chris Long had a bigger impact in that game.

I’m ok with loaded teams finishing off their rebuild with a talented WR but thinking there is that much of a difference in their impact when you have elite QBs is the flaw.

give me an extra second to throw the ball over an extra tenth of a second in the 40 anyday.

give me a DB who can take away your first read over a guy who can make a highlight catch on MNF in the regular season as if that translates to the post season.

Give me a DE that scares OT’s over a guy who scared DBs with their deep speed.

Give me Jason Peters, you can have 2 Desean Jackson’s

That team is going to forge a mutiny against O'Brien any minute. Watson is so good, that they still be able to win 8 games. But the pick is definitely increasing in value.

Ok dude.

I’m talking about Ravens teams that won titles. Ozzie Newsom rolled the dice one time with Travis Taylor and said I’m never doing that get again, until he did, with The 2019 Ravens are a perfect example of a team that could’ve used CBs or OL more than a WR.

Brandin Cooks was on the losing end of back to back Super Bowls so how did that work out? New England got 1 reception out of him against the Eagles. A washed up Chris Long had a bigger impact in that game.

I’m ok with loaded teams finishing off their rebuild with a talented WR but thinking there is that much of a difference in their impact when you have elite QBs is the flaw.

give me an extra second to throw the ball over an extra tenth of a second in the 40 anyday.

give me a DB who can take away your first read over a guy who can make a highlight catch on MNF in the regular season as if that translates to the post season.

Give me a DE that scares OT’s over a guy who scared DBs with their deep speed.

Give me Jason Peters, you can have 2 Desean Jackson’s
Did you even watch what the Dolphins offense looked like when Parker wasn't playing vs when he was later in the year?

The second that Brady got good WRs they went 16-0 and put up the best offense in history. Matt Stafford was dragged to 5,000 yards by Calvin Johnson carrying him on his back. Jameis Winston and the Bucs just won 8 games despite the QB throwing 30 interceptions because nobody could stop Evans and Godwin. And if you really, really want to try and pretend that the reason some of these teams didn't win the Super Bowl was because they had WRs instead of other positions, the Chiefs just dropped 30+ on the best pass defense of all-time with TWO 100 yard receivers in the Super Bowl.

You really think you're pushing your agenda with blatant hyperbole like "give me an extra second to throw the ball over an extra tenth of a second in the 40 any day" as if that's a direct correlation between exactly two players.

This is such a ridiculous take.

Pats are going get pummeled this year as well. 8-8 maybe.

Without Brady - teams are going to feast.

Bellicheat is a great coach - but Brady is Brady.

The time to win the AFC east is now…forget the 3 year plan - bring on the Bills!

I think I saw that Hopkins and O'Brien? were at odds ... we will see how the leadership is on the team once they start missing Hopkins presence ... perceived or real, bad management gets noticed by players and they can be disruptive ... chemistry falls apart ... losses mount ... people get fired .... and we get a better draft pick .... win-win lol

Pats are going get pummeled this year as well. 8-8 maybe.

Without Brady - teams are going to feast.

Bellicheat is a great coach - but Brady is Brady.

The time to win the AFC east is now…forget the 3 year plan - bring on the Bills!

BB and any top 10 QB will win 10 games. I'm very interested in who starts in NE

knowing our luck, they will probably actually win the superbowl next year, some how. But in reality they will probably still finish with 10 wins and make the post season.

Very true, which may also mean they are a Deshaun Watson injury away from gifting Miami a top 5 pick. I love watching him play but I worry about the hits he takes.

If Watson goes down in the first month, Miami will end up with the FIRST pick in the 2021 draft!
Hello Sunshine Lawrence!

Back
Top Bottom