With the way Houston is trending they might have a top ten pick next year. | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

With the way Houston is trending they might have a top ten pick next year.

You can literally say this about any elite player at any position that's stuck on a bad team/mediocre team.

What did having an elite top 5 DE get Cleveland? Chargers? Arizona?

What did having an elite top 10 HB get Cleveland? Panthers? Dallas?

What did having a top 5 QB in Dan Marino get Miami? As many super bowls as the Browns have had in the last 17 years.
Thanks for making my point. Losing Hopkins may or may not make a difference. I still think they'll win at least 10.

Well said. They do have a good team. And probably win a lot of games. But the players are not happy about the trade of Hopkins. Sometimes team chemistry or lack there of can kill a teams on field performance. Let's just hope the Texans somehow under achieve and nets Miami a better than expected 1st round draft pick in 2021.
Possibly...
Hopefully...

So if Miami was going to use a 2021 1st round draft pick to move up in this year's draft would you offer Miami's 2021 pick or Houston's? Or would the safer move be offering Houston's 2020 1st round pick (26th overall) and keeping both 2021 picks if you can?

HOU won 6 games last season they easily could have lost. What IF those type of games don't go their way in 2020? As it can easily be argued that they played over their head much of 2019.

What IF Watson becomes injured for any length of time? Considering the type of QB he is, it's not unthinkable.
And JJ Watt seems to become injured every year now.He's missed 1/2 the season in 3 of the past 4 seasons.

Lastly, anyone saying that losing Hopkins --who had 219 receptions and 18 TD's the past 2 seasons -- isn't a big deal should lose their posting privileges immediately.

We'll see how it plays out, but I believe HOU is in for a bit of a fall. I can easily see anywhere from a 3-7 win season.

Trading Hopkins directly hurts the guy who is now the absolute face of the franchise, Watson.

There is no way this does not hurt them short term.

Long term may not be as bad since they will have the $$$ they did not pay Hopkins to spend elsewhere.

There has to be something we do not know about this trade.It is so illogical that unless O'Brien is brain damaged it is hard to explain.

They say it is about $$$ and then take Johnson's terrible contract? :shrug:

Thanks for making my point. Losing Hopkins may or may not make a difference. I still think they'll win at least 10.

You have no valid point. Teams don't get better trading away good players while not replacing them. In Hopkins case, he wasn't just good, but elite. And not an Antonio Brown diva cancer in the locker room or for the QB.

Go back through the history of the NFL and look at all SB winning teams. All of them have an elite player (or more) of Hopkins caliber. ALL of them. Not necessarily at WR, but a team has to have those types of players somewhere.

Look how many HOF caliber players were on those 49ers teams. And the best of the bunch just happened to be a WR named Jerry Rice.

HOU did not get better or even stay remotely the same by trading Hopkins away while not replacing him.

Not only did Watson's job get harder, now defenses don't have to worry about #10 and can focus more on WR's b and c. Which won't help their production.

HOU was lucky to win 10 this past season WITH Hopkins. But they're somehow going to win 10 next season w/o him and all the attention defenses paid to him?

Sure, ok. Whatever you say bro.

After seeing Hopkins trade, I imagine we can trade Watkins with the 5th pick.
This trade solve our franchise qb, and we can also get high 1st rd pick next year !!!

Sorry for the joke but Obrien might bite :)

You have no valid point. Teams don't get better trading away good players while not replacing them. In Hopkins case, he wasn't just good, but elite. And not an Antonio Brown diva cancer in the locker room or for the QB.

Go back through the history of the NFL and look at all SB winning teams. All of them have an elite player (or more) of Hopkins caliber. ALL of them. Not necessarily at WR, but a team has to have those types of players somewhere.

Look how many HOF caliber players were on those 49ers teams. And the best of the bunch just happened to be a WR named Jerry Rice.

HOU did not get better or even stay remotely the same by trading Hopkins away while not replacing him.

Not only did Watson's job get harder, now defenses don't have to worry about #10 and can focus more on WR's b and c. Which won't help their production.

HOU was lucky to win 10 this past season WITH Hopkins. But they're somehow going to win 10 next season w/o him and all the attention defenses paid to him?

Sure, ok. Whatever you say bro.
Put your $ where your yap is. Bet online that Houston won’t win 10. You’re so smart. You know you won’t. Your points are flawed and weak.

Again, I hope they go 1-15, but they’ll win at least 10 or 11

Can u imagine if they were to finish with the worst record this year...

2dd97c4c415079ed6e0f1b40d672f113.gif

Put your $ where your yap is. Bet online that Houston won’t win 10. You’re so smart. You know you won’t. Your points are flawed and weak.

Again, I hope they go 1-15, but they’ll win at least 10 or 11
I'll take that bet.

What are the stakes?

If there's something we're not seeing about the trade it's that O'Brien is way over his head as a GM. All his moves check the moron box. Tunsil trade? Check. Clowney trade? Check. Hopkins trade? Check. Cobb signing? Check. Acquiring David Johnson while giving away value? Check. And put them all together and it's somehow even worse, as some have pointed out, as the team has little draft resources to fill the holes they have created.

And someone is willing to bet they'll win 10 games? Wow. I'm not a betting man, but that has to be a great opportunity for someone who is. What's the Vegas over/under? 8?

Back
Top Bottom