With this fire sale | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

With this fire sale

Pouncy is leaving. We aren't done yet. You can't make all of your moves simultaneously

They are saving that move for last.
Really without those other guys, Pouncey here or gone makes no difference.

Eventually even the most die hard Ross supporters will begin to figure it out.
He only cares about the bottom line in dollars.
He has stuck out as an owner.
His decisions on team executives and GM are the reason this team never improves.

Isn't it interesting how one's vision can see more clearly once the fog of tribalism fades away?

Still not being a head coach elsewhere.

I liked what I saw in his limited time here. He lit a fire under everyone’s ass, preached physical football on all levels, and the players really responded well to him.

It’s water under the bridge of course, but that type of “culture change” seemed like what the Dolphins were sorely lacking in.

I remember when Gase was hired, all we heard was that he tailored his offense to the players he had and their particular skill set. He didn’t force his philosophy on players if it didn’t fit their skills.

Now all we hear is that Gase needs “his players”.

Really?

7ac.jpg

Well damn, there was a certain poster who claimed that Tannehill would be gone this year. He was ridiculed and attacked and eventually banned due to what I can only assume was a medication error. But with this apparent fire sale maybe just maybe he was right.

I think the team is going after players who learn the offense/defense, know their assignments, don't disrupt the team when they don't get enough touches (run game or pass game), non-mercenary, love the game of football, attempt to keep your emotions in check during the game.

Gotta check all the boxes to stay (or get signed/drafted/traded for). Especially if you're making (or asking for) a shatload of money.

I think the team is going after players who learn the offense/defense, know their assignments, don't disrupt the team when they don't get enough touches (run game or pass game), non-mercenary, love the game of football, attempt to keep your emotions in check during the game.

Gotta check all the boxes to stay (or get signed/drafted/traded for). Especially if you're making (or asking for) a shatload of money.

Sounds like a Pop Warner team.

I liked what I saw in his limited time here. He lit a fire under everyone’s ***, preached physical football on all levels, and the players really responded well to him.

It’s water under the bridge of course, but that type of “culture change” seemed like what the Dolphins were sorely lacking in.

Yeah they kicked Tennessee and Houston’s ass with Campbell. They went 3-7 after that. The fire only burnt so much.

yeah I agree if you are doing this you dump pouncey

Hoops, neither of us want Pouncey. But this is about Gase asserting power over this team. It seems Pouncey figured out where his bread was buttered when Gase walked in the door.

As much as we don't want Pouncey, Gase does. Regardless what we see on the field, Gase sees things we don't. I'm good with it if he is.

Why are so many fans acting like this is equal to the Marlins fire sale after winning the World Series? This isn’t even close to the same thing. This was not a Super Bowl contending team. Even with a healthy Tannehill, would we have improved on 10-6? Not likely.

It is what it is. The original blueprint didn’t work. Yes, they wasted 2 seasons. They’re hitting reset.

Back
Top Bottom