With this fire sale | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

With this fire sale

If they are rebuilding then I just don't get the reasoning behind trading for a 28 year old DE with a somewhat large cap hit. That's not how you rebuild. I think with a few additions the team could have competed for the playoffs in 2018. If Gase and the front office did not believe so and want to rebuild maybe they shouldn't make trades that aren't in line with rebuilding.

All four of those coaches played High School and College football.
Apparently, Gase has only played HS ball, but I could not confirm that.
You are entitled to your opinion, but I think it does matter in the locker room and sideline.

It could matter, I don't know. I don't think it necessarily does in this case, but it could

I say we release Tannehill. Maybe Jets or Denver, possibly Giants take him. Will help Drafting a QB. Then we just role with Bridgewater to secure 1st pick in the 2019 draft.

Why do people want Bridgewater over Tannehill? A qb with a heinous looking previous injury to replace another qb with a previous injury. I say stick with what we have.

Yeah they kicked Tennessee and Houston’s *** with Campbell. They went 3-7 after that. The fire only burnt so much.

5-7 with Cambell at helm, and that was on an interim basis in making due with the spare parts of Philbin. It was a night and day difference when they took the field.

The losing is one thing, but if we’re going to lose then I don’t mind watching it when players knock the other team in the mouth and give out maximum effort.

I would have liked to see what he could have done, if Ross went in that direction.

We'll see how that plays out. At least he was healthy for a change, but I still think the team needs to draft someone who can play guard and center at a pretty solid level.

5-7 with Cambell at helm, and that was on an interim basis in making due with the spare parts of Philbin. It was a night and day difference when they took the field.

The losing is one thing, but if we’re going to lose then I don’t mind watching it when players knock the other team in the mouth and give out maximum effort.

I would have liked to see what he could have done, if Ross went in that direction.

Technically yes 5-7 with him. After the two games I mentioned, they went 3-7. The fire dwindled big time.

They lost by double digits at NE and Buffalo consecutively, beat PHI by 1, lost to DAL at home to Romo in his first game back, got crushed at the NYJ, beat Schaub and BAL by 2, lost three straight to NYG, SD, and IND (look at the last play of that game vs IND. The one where 4 of the 5 lineman didn’t move and Tannehill got crushed less than 10 yards from the end zone).

They somehow beat NE in Week 17 and allowed 126 yards to Brady. Who cares? Campbell was a breath of fresh air at first but succumbed to the usual average to below average BS Miami has been for years.

This reminds me so much of Philbin... Ugh. I hate these "culture" purges. Hardly ever works out. Ask Chip Kelly. All we end up doing is purging our roster of the good players and replacing them with crap.

"Culture purges" are usually something other than culture purges. At the end of the day, Gase has to find ways to win and he's going to look to his system/way to do that. The last 2 years, working with much of the previous structure intact, didn't work. So, he has to move on from the coaches/players he feels didn't deliver before the team moves on from him.

And before anyone rants about how this is stupid, please point out a non-winning team that did it differently.

How high of a pick do you guys think we can get for Reshad Jones? He should be next, along with Tannehill and Pouncey.

He deserves to be in a better situation, and we need all the picks we can get. He's going to be out of his prime by the time we're competitive again.

Technically yes 5-7 with him. After the two games I mentioned, they went 3-7. The fire dwindled big time.

They lost by double digits at NE and Buffalo consecutively, beat PHI by 1, lost to DAL at home to Romo in his first game back, got crushed at the NYJ, beat Schaub and BAL by 2, lost three straight to NYG, SD, and IND (look at the last play of that game vs IND. The one where 4 of the 5 lineman didn’t move and Tannehill got crushed less than 10 yards from the end zone).

They somehow beat NE in Week 17 and allowed 126 yards to Brady. Who cares? Campbell was a breath of fresh air at first but succumbed to the usual average to below average BS Miami has been for years.

Well, I care. Otherwise I wouldn’t be talking about it, nor would you be responding to the discussion if you didn’t care about it.

Beating Baltimore 15-13 in week 13 is an accomplishment in and of itself, given the beatdowns we’ve taken from them recently. This from a coach on an interim basis, and taking over during the season underway.

Say what you want, but the team played a physical brand of football and inspired for a coach that was only there temporarily.

That’s something, at the end of the day. Why was it something? It’s because the team had an actual identity, and it showed on the field.

"Culture purges" are usually something other than culture purges. At the end of the day, Gase has to find ways to win and he's going to look to his system/way to do that. The last 2 years, working with much of the previous structure intact, didn't work. So, he has to move on from the coaches/players he feels didn't deliver before the team moves on from him.

And before anyone rants about how this is stupid, please point out a non-winning team that did it differently.

Does this mean Gase can move on from himself?

How high of a pick do you guys think we can get for Reshad Jones? He should be next, along with Tannehill and Pouncey.

He deserves to be in a better situation, and we need all the picks we can get. He's going to be out of his prime by the time we're competitive again.

Anything that involves a jettisoned Pouncey from the building is aces in my book.

I agree with you about Reshad, he’s put in his dues with us and has been a great defensive stalwart in the secondary. The same thing with Tannehill, the man has taken so many beatings it’s not even funny.

If they’re serious about getting rid of all these players, hopefully they can go to winning organizations with a chance to win now, like Ajayi was fortunate enough to experience this year.

Like how Jim Bates won a few games in 2004. Dead cat bounce, nothing more. Campbell would have been a disaster.

Back
Top Bottom