With Tua being a lefty is the RT position more important? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

With Tua being a lefty is the RT position more important?

That has nothing to do with anything.

He throws left handed, regardless of which hand he uses to eat, shoot a gun, or wipe his arse. When you throw left handed, your left shoulder and foot are back, your right side is lined down field, your chest is turned toward the left, and your back it to the right tackle side of the line. In that position, it is much harder to see the DE coming around the right tackle, since much of that action is behind you. Since you can't easily see what's happening on the right tackle side of the line, you need a good right tackle to protect your "blind side."

Has NOTHING to do with how you hold your fork or jerk your bologna.

That's the point of discussion here.
Think he just wanted to let everyone know he knew this fun fact

FYI. I throw lefty but jerk righty

That's the conventional wisdom.

And it has been mentioned a lot.

Your LT can be your best offensive lineman, but it would behoove the team for the RT to excel at pass blocking if your QB is a lefty.

Fortunately, our first round pick says he can play both, so we can always do what we need to do.

Leatherwood/Sewell with one of our 1sts?

Its not a councidence jedrick wills of alabama was one of the top left tackles in draft but he was RT in college. I think people are underestimating importance of the right tackle with Tua as our qb. Ill go one further and say fins traded tunsil a year early because of how much they got for him but they had no plans to keep him this year anyway because the plan has been to get the left handed tua for over a year now and we didnt need a top LT as much as we would need a top RT.

More food for thought on this:

Teams that cause Brees the most issues are teams that can bring pressure right up the middle. I think that will be a tactic opposing Defenses try to force on to Tua as well considering his similar height. Maybe even more so due to the fact that Tua possesses more lateral escapability.

Obviously, protecting your QB’s blindside is Football 101 but I’m very interested to see how Tua is able to handle pressure coming right up his grill and I think Miami’s gonna have to put just as good of an inside line in front of him as an outside. You’re probably also gonna see the best pass blocking RB get the majority of the snaps once Tua is our starter.

Overstated. Miami used its 2nd first rounder on a left tackle cause the value was there and they had no current starting option.

not cause they had a left or right handed qb.

they see Jesse davis as a valid starting option be it right guard or right tackle. My moneys on right tackle but the board told them left and so did the need at 18

Apparently Tuas decision making, accuracy and quick release is changing football as we know it. He only needs a center. They’re moving the guards and the tackles out wide to set up blocks for receivers. It’s a quasi-Samoan offense.

Your right Lurking, we were already practicing the Tua play book last season

;)

RT is just as important as LT.
Whether it’s more important than LT, because of the LH QB, maybe nominally.
Most importantly, you need 2 solid OTS and a cohesive unit.

Keep in mind this Offense average 28 points last 5 games of the seaso.
The OL has been definitely upgraded and there’s even a higher potential, it’s really TBD as to final answer.
A Jx/ Davenport > Davenport/ Webb
Flowers > Dieter
Karras > Kilgore
Hunt / Kindley > Boehm/ Calhoun
Davis 2020 / Hunt > Davis

Both tackles are important. I think RT is overstated if you have a lefty regardless you want 2 good tackles

I think they start Jackson and hunt at the tackles with Kindley at RG

Back
Top Bottom