With Tua being a lefty is the RT position more important? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

With Tua being a lefty is the RT position more important?

No...not at all. Tua will be facing LOS on passing downs. What is important is for him to recognize where the rush is coming from, put his running back in the right position and understand who the hot read is.

Last edited by a moderator:
Right side of the line is still the strong side. The reason LTs are more valuable and need to be better athletes is because they are generally in space and on islands far more.

If we got Sewell and Creed Humphrey, we may have the best line in football

Jackson, Flowers, Humphrey, Hunt, Sewell

I'm not 100% behind Creed (90-95%) because watch the Baylor games. Brayvion Roy (Panthers-6th round) was kicking his butt. That tape is out there and it may have been one of the reasons he went back to school.

Right side of the line is still the strong side. The reason LTs are more valuable and need to be better athletes is because they are generally in space and on islands far more.
Not entirely true...

Both tackles have to be able to pass pro equally. Where did Wake line up the most when he was here?

Here's a thought I've had: Tua ran a lot of RPO at Alabama and excelled at it with his ability to read defenses, process things, and get the ball out quickly and accurately. If the Dolphins plan to take advantage of this and run a lot of RPOs, in which the offensive line basically run blocks on passing plays, does that put more value on linemen who can run block more than the pure pass blockers? Did this factor into drafting the linemen we selected this year?

With all the injuries Tua has suffered the past two years, especially his hip injury every position on the offensive line is important. He can be great if he can stay on the field but I don’t see him being able to take the hits Tannehill took while he was the Dolphins QB or Fitzpatrick took last year.
Building a solid offensive line is just as important as having Tua as the QB, IMO.

Think he just wanted to let everyone know he knew this fun fact

FYI. I throw lefty but jerk righty
Who are you jerking?......

Sorry.......couldn't resist being fed the "straight" line......

"Straight" line......oh my, we really have been cooped up too long.....

I'm not 100% behind Creed (90-95%) because watch the Baylor games. Brayvion Roy (Panthers-6th round) was kicking his butt. That tape is out there and it may have been one of the reasons he went back to school.

I can't help but wonder if he, and others , will be in the supplemental draft, in light of the uncertainty with the college season?

I can't help but wonder if he, and others , will be in the supplemental draft, in light of the uncertainty with the college season?
If they had any sense they would....

Not entirely true...

Both tackles have to be able to pass pro equally. Where did Wake line up the most when he was here?

I’m not saying great pass rushers are only coming from the left hand side. That wasn’t my argument. The game has changed and they come from everywhere. But LTs are usually on an island more than RTs.

Are you saying that’s not true?

Also I'm guessing most of the best pass rushers go against LT since QBs are overwhelmingly right-handed

Back
Top Bottom