Wonder what College Player is this about?? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Wonder what College Player is this about??

BillsFanInPeace

FinHeaven VIP
Reaction score
POSTED 2:45 p.m. EDT, April 16, 2007
WILL A BLUE-CHIPPER BE SAPPED?
In 1995, defensive tackle Warren Sapp slid all the way to No. 12 in the draft in the wake of false rumors that he had failed a drug test.
In 2007, there are fresh rumors making the rounds that a blue-chipper admitted during a league-conducted combine interview to experimentation with marijuana while in college.

Though there's nothing wrong with an isolated youthful indiscretion (and, for the record, we never inhaled), the admission raises questions of whether the player in question is stoopid. In the NFL, a guy is regarded as a user only if pot is detected in his system or if he misses a test or if he's in the possession of marijuana (and/or a prosthetic pecker aimed at the production of a clean pee sample).
On one hand, his honesty is refreshing. On the other hand, honesty might need to be ignored when the potential consequences are the millions of dollars in contract value that can be forever lost if a player plummets.
Then again, we're not sure whether the player even made the admission, and we're trying to track down the truth. One league source says that two teams have told him that the admission was made, and that it appears in the transcript of the interview. Another team tells us that the transcript contains no such statement.
For now, the story is either that the kid made the admission, or that someone is trying to smear him, presumably in the hopes that he'll fall.
Or, by claiming that the transcript contains no admission of marijuana experimentation, someone could be trying to prop the player up, so that the he won't slide.
Regardless, each team is in a position to judge for themselves whether the rumor is true. As a league source tells us, every team has a copy of the taped interviews.

I'd have to put my money on Alan Branch being the player in question.

i think the fact that he admitted to it probably means he either doesnt do it anymore or is not a regular user. imo, that increases his value because everyone else denied it in their combine interview, and you know there are some weed smokin foolz out there. i woudnt be surprised if the number of pot smokers in college and the nfl is somewhere around 40% or more.

I put money it would be troy smith lol, just kidding it must be that florida DT who got dimissed from the team

Marcus Thomas? It is not a secret that he has already tested positive for drugs last year.

I put money it would be troy smith lol, just kidding it must be that florida DT who got dimissed from the team

That'd make no sense. He failed a drug test, teams know he used. Him admiting it wouldnt change anything. This sounds like a person who never got caught and is stupid for admiting something no one knows about.

I get the impression it's one of the top 5-7 prospects. Branch has already slid from where he was looked at in say, January...that occurred because of his physical condition at the combine and personal workouts...It is interesting if it's one of those top guys...could even be Quinn...????

Dan Marino #27th pick round 1.

Whoever passed on him are all stupid.Thank the universe we got him.

Go DOLPHINS...#1

Back
Top Bottom