Wondering How/Why Our Legion Of International Members Became Diehard Fins Fans | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Wondering How/Why Our Legion Of International Members Became Diehard Fins Fans

In 1992-93 when I was about 11-12 years old.

In Toronto, they usually show Bills games every Sunday. But during the Marino years, Miami was always on TV as well. Watched Marino go to work, and That was the end of it. Been a fan since

I miss read Vaark's title but Georgia is kind of like a different country from Miami :)

Flipper was at the Orange bowl for all the games the first few years and even had his own TV show if you did not know.

View attachment 49749
Then died in his trainer's arms, so that man went on a lifelong mission to stop the captivity and slaughter of dolphins and whales. This was all in the Academy Award winning documentary, Dolphin Cove.

I started watching 84. My uncle got me into it and he was a Dolphins fan already and had bought me a cap for my Birthday. Well it was the right year to start and I was hooked. Miami played the best football, Marino was God. I seem to remember Miami the city had an appeal. On a pitch black freezing Sunday night, Miami (the orange bowl and the fans) looked exotic to a kid from Lancashire (and more exiting than a freezing cold Green Bay). Miami Vice was on tv in the uk in early 85 and that was a big thing over here too.

Then died in his trainer's arms, so that man went on a lifelong mission to stop the captivity and slaughter of dolphins and whales. This was all in the Academy Award winning documentary, Dolphin Cove.
Good movie. I also recommend Blackfish, since we seem to have some fans of our fellow ocean dwelling mammals. Does not paint Seaworld in a positive light to say the least. But Flipper's trainer would agree with the message.

Last edited:
Good movie. I also recommend Blackfish, since we seem to have some fans of our fellow ocean dwelling mammals. Does not paint Seaworld in a positive light to say the least. But Flipper's trainer would agree with the message.
I'm a huge animal rights person. Vegan and everything. I've actually protested at SeaWorld. Blackfish is a GREAT documentary. If a person watches either and continues to patronize sea mammal parks...sigh......

Back to football please. Thank you

If you guys want to start a thread about animal rights in the POFO that would be great

Wondering How/Why Our Legion Of International Members Became Diehard Fins Fans

I started playing american football as a 12 year back in december 2006, at first i liked the Atlanta Falcons but then i became a dolphins fan. Funny though that i also started out liking bayern as a 6 year old and became a schalke fan at 8. Thats how it goes in germany i guess.

Been a diehard since 08 and hope one day i get them to see live. Its #tuatime

Back
Top Bottom