Wondering if you fans can shoot down a rumor or possibly verify its existence | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Wondering if you fans can shoot down a rumor or possibly verify its existence

no, in order to move up 20 spots in the draft the packers would have to give up a lot. alot being an understatement.

Haven't heard nothing on this rumor, and hope it isn't true. I would be very upset if we gave up the #2 in that scenerio. If this was Wanny GB might be able to rip us off, but Saban isn't that much of a bonehead. At least.. I hope not.

haha maybe if it was ahman green and not najeh davenport. lol

thats an unfair trade, no one would do that trade because davenport is far from being worth that much. Maybe if they threw in a 2nd or 3rd rounder too...

But then again our whole back feild is loaded with All-Star second stringers. Sammy Morris, Lomar Gordon, and then Najeh Davenport??? c'mon lets be realistic. That wouldnt help us at all. Gordon is better then Davenport by a long shot.

Not to mention we were going to trade for Davenport last year... for i think a 4th rounder but Najeh said he wouldnt want to come to miami... therefore i dont want him here to begin with. He said he doesnt want to play for miami, end of story. It just wouldnt work out.

Celtkin said:
The rumor started as a result of a question sent to Pete King. It is just a rumor.

Well, It solves the issue of RB for us, we could still go for one in the 3rd round if Linehan is not sold on Gordon...but the issue of GB paying two franchise QBs, and being strapped against the cap makes this seem unlikely...

bizarro said:
Hello Phins fans.

I am a packer faithful who posts regularly at packerchatters...however, today I was taken aback by a rumor reported at a local GB sports station stating there are rumors circling amid NFL circles stating the Phins' are potentially working a trade with the Green Bay packers.

The trade would entail the Phins' giving the Packers the 2nd overall pick for the packers' 24th and Najeh Davenport. Is there any truth to this? Do you agree or oppose this if there is? etc...

Thank you for your time and i'll let you get back to discussing your favorite team.

Thank you,

Bizarro

You will have to give up a hell of alot more than that to move up to the #2 spot. Add this year's second AND next year's first and you got a deal.

infiltrateib said:
This trade is insulting to anyone who knows football. I am SHOCKED that Peter King did not blast this out of the water.

I like Davenport, but this is insane.

It was a letter to King. Nowhere was the writer of the email saying that he thought it would happen; it was just a fantasy trade. King had no need to blow it out of the water, because it wasn't a rumor to begin with, just some Packer fan's wet dream.

bizarro said:
Hello Phins fans.

I am a packer faithful who posts regularly at packerchatters...however, today I was taken aback by a rumor reported at a local GB sports station stating there are rumors circling amid NFL circles stating the Phins' are potentially working a trade with the Green Bay packers.

The trade would entail the Phins' giving the Packers the 2nd overall pick for the packers' 24th and Najeh Davenport. Is there any truth to this? Do you agree or oppose this if there is? etc...

Thank you for your time and i'll let you get back to discussing your favorite team.

Thank you,

Bizarro

I heard this a while back, and no I definitely do not like it, unless the pack throw in a 2nd, 3rd, 4th this year, and next years 1st as well. In other words, not going to happen.

Muck said:
There's been talk of a trade for Dookie. But the reports are that the Packers want a lot for him. It really hasn't made much noise. But we've heard about it.

The trade you mentioned would never happen. Miami would get molested in that deal.

Muck.....is that Kano as you avatar?

.didn't mean to quote....sorry

You'd have to give us a lot more than Najeh and the #24 for the #2. Better throw in your 2nd round pick and a high pick next year and even then I dont know.

bizarro said:
Hello Phins fans.

Thank you,

Bizarro

You send us Javon Walker and the packers 1st and u get the 2nd overall.

This rade is not even fricken close....You yourself should realize that this trade is BS...Can you say Blah,Blah,Blah??... :tongue:

Our #2 pick for your #24 and Davenport? Or Our #2 for your 1st this year, your third this year, your first next year, and Davenport? either way, HELL NO! I've seen the moves Saban has been making, and dont think he would take the later even. Neither would reflect the true value of our #2 pick. For you to move up to #2 from #24, would take about your whole draft.

Now, a more serious move to get our #2, would have to be a swap of our 1st rounders, and you sending us Ahman Green. Now, that would be a true value. Our #2 pick is valued at 2600, your #24 pick, is roughly valued at 800. Ahman would make up for that difference. It costs to play. I dont believe, so far, that Saban is another Wanny. The abused and used days of Wanny are gone, I hope and belive so far with saban.

MiamiFan1354 said:
The way I heard it though was that the pack would send their first and third this year, their first next, and davenport..

Thats more like it but I still dont like it.

BTW I prefer Davenport than fumble bunny Green.

Back
Top Bottom