Wondering if you fans can shoot down a rumor or possibly verify its existence | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Wondering if you fans can shoot down a rumor or possibly verify its existence

bizarro

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Hello Phins fans.

I am a packer faithful who posts regularly at packerchatters...however, today I was taken aback by a rumor reported at a local GB sports station stating there are rumors circling amid NFL circles stating the Phins' are potentially working a trade with the Green Bay packers.

The trade would entail the Phins' giving the Packers the 2nd overall pick for the packers' 24th and Najeh Davenport. Is there any truth to this? Do you agree or oppose this if there is? etc...

Thank you for your time and i'll let you get back to discussing your favorite team.

Thank you,

Bizarro

bizarro said:
Hello Phins fans.

I am a packer faithful who posts regularly at packerchatters...however, today I was taken aback by a rumor reported at a local GB sports station stating there are rumors circling amid NFL circles stating the Phins' are potentially working a trade with the Green Bay packers.

The trade would entail the Phins' giving the Packers the 2nd overall pick for the packers' 24th and Najeh Davenport. Is there any truth to this? Do you agree or oppose this if there is? etc...

Thank you for your time and i'll let you get back to discussing your favorite team.

Thank you,

Bizarro

The rumor started as a result of a question sent to Pete King. It is just a rumor.

THIS WOULD BE A GOOD DEAL FOR THE FISH. From Jack Danehy of Louisville: "Regarding the Najeh Davenport scenario you wrote about yesterday, what am I missing. The Dolphins trade the second overall pick to Green Bay for the 24th overall pick, plus Davenport, plus a second-rounder this year or next. The Fins get a back that could be as good as a rookie and a lot less expensive than the No. 2 overall pick. Plus the 24th pick and a 2nd rounder. The Pack get the Brett Favre replacement in Aaron Rodgers or Alex Smith.''

Jack, interesting thought. Only one problem that I see: I don't think the Packers want the second overall pick, because the second overall pick -- even if it does solve the long-term quarterback problem -- means the Pack will have to pay a quarterback for one or two years at the franchise level of a Favre. The second overall pick will be paid probably $14 million in signing-bonus money. Why would you do that, if the Pack thinks it might have Favre for two more years?

bizarro said:
Hello Phins fans.

Thank you,

Bizarro

if its not a rumor..that will be the most reta-rded trade we ever made

There's been talk of a trade for Dookie. But the reports are that the Packers want a lot for him. It really hasn't made much noise. But we've heard about it.

The trade you mentioned would never happen. Miami would get molested in that deal.

The way I heard it though was that the pack would send their first and third this year, their first next, and davenport..

The is a very UNFAIR trade value wise. The #2 pick is worth WAY MORE then Davenport and the 24th pick. Green Bay would have to throw in probably a 3rd rounder and a 1st rounder in 2006 to make it look somewhat fair. In other words, not happening Green Bay fan.

Thank you so much for the input guys...I really appreciate it as will our fellow chatters at packerchatters...

Feel free to stop on by if you have any questions our way and I'll continue to do the same.

Again I really appreciate the quick responses and abundance of insight

-Bizarro

MiamiFan1354 said:
The way I heard it though was that the pack would send their first and third this year, their first next, and davenport..
Now that I would have to think about... just a swap of firsts and Davenport is HORRIBLE for us...

rumor

Just a BS rumor

Davenport has between a 3rd and 6th round compensation. "don't remember"

If we wanted him why wouldn't we just go get him and give up the late round pick?

What do you think the compensation is going from #2 to #24 is. It sure isn't Davenport.

I don't know why I wasted 2 min. of my life responding to this post.

Kefer said:
Just a BS rumor

Davenport has between a 3rd and 6th round compensation. "don't remember"

If we wanted him why wouldn't we just go get him and give up the late round pick?

What do you think the compensation is going from #2 to #24 is. It sure isn't Davenport.

I don't know why I wasted 2 min. of my life responding to this post.

Najeh has a 4th round tender

Muck said:
There's been talk of a trade for Dookie. But the reports are that the Packers want a lot for him. It really hasn't made much noise. But we've heard about it.

The trade you mentioned would never happen. Miami would get molested in that deal.

Uhhh, try full on raped Muck!

miamikid92 said:
if its not a rumor..that will be the most reta-rded trade we ever made

Throw in a second and 6th round pick in addition to regular rumor I'd be with it.

This trade is insulting to anyone who knows football. I am SHOCKED that Peter King did not blast this out of the water.

I like Davenport, but this is insane.

Back
Top Bottom