World Cup- USA | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

World Cup- USA

So Be

Club Member
Reaction score
In all due respect to the World Cup thread, I thought it would be good to have a separate one for the USA.

Great game, GEAT WIN!!! Our two goals were FANTASTIC, Howard was great in goal, and I really liked what Jones did on D. Although nerves were vey likely involved or this team in e first match, he passing was mostly horrible. That is going to hve to be cleaned up before we play Portugal if we are to move on from this group.

I like our chances with the big goal differential from the Germany win over Portugal. Going be interesting to see what Klingsman does vs his home Country.

U.S. needs to put everything on the line against Portugal. The Germans aren't a great matchup for the U.S. . . . a lot of possession with quick strike ability. They can make the passes that will frustrate this defensive line. Them having the best keeper in the world is just a bonus.

Even a tie would be very beneficial against the Portuguese. I'm not even thinking about Germany . . . beat Portugal and you advance.

Yea germany is a loss we have to get points against Portugal even a tie is helpful as the best Portugal would get is 4 points then. If they beat ghana then. Rather Portugal beat ghana as portugal is already -4 points so a tie breaker is easier with them

Pepe and Coentrao are out - two of Portugal's starting defenders. Altidore is out - USA's best striker. Portugal has skill, US has intangibles. Should be a good game.

Portugal do not have a good team. It wont be coentrao that makes the difference (tho pepe is a loss) the result depends on how ronaldo plays, if he can get some help attacking then they win.

If they dont help him enough then you have a chance against a very poor portugal team

Also Altidore is a complete donkey if you guys consider him a genuine loss then your other strikers must be tragic lol

Altidore was a very good player he scored 2 goals in our last international friendly. By no means is he a "donkey". Don't hate

Donkey is being kind he manged a grand total of 1 goal all season lol I have a soft spot for the american team and hope you do well but I just wont stand to be told Altidore is "very good" lol maybe in the mls he would be but not at this level *shrug* I wouldnt want him in the northern ireland team nvm the world cup

Donkey is being kind he manged a grand total of 1 goal all season lol I have a soft spot for the american team and hope you do well but I just wont stand to be told Altidore is "very good" lol maybe in the mls he would be but not at this level *shrug* I wouldnt want him in the northern ireland team nvm the world cup
1 goal? Last game against Nigeria he had 2. I guess a week ago doesn't count? He has 23 international goals. You can say he sucks I just don't see it.

84316KennyPowersmiddlefingergifYcTg-1.gif

1 goal? Last game against Nigeria he had 2. I guess a week ago doesn't count? He has 23 international goals. You can say he sucks I just don't see it.

Altidore is below average for a WC striker. However, on team USA he is very good/important, as we have no one as good, he has the experience with Bradley, and is a potential threat to score. He had so much promise a few years ago but, has yet to develop it.

USA reminds me a bit of our Dolphins in a solid D but, not much play making on O. Don't know why we did not keep Donavan on the team.

Soccer Moms have yet to produce a generation of great soccer talent, with almost all of our best male athletes choosing other sports. We used to speculate on what might have been IF some of our elite athletes had decided, at a young age, to play in place of hoops and football. It is a fun discussion when you think about, with guys lie Jordan, Kobe, James, Barry Sanders, and guys like Zo in goal, etc, etc.

Who do you think would have had star power among US elite athletes?

Can you imagine lebron as a soccer player. He has elite stamina and speed

I always love the "imagine lebron or megatron" stuff... you seen what messi looks like? Lol

The U.S. has a chance against Portugal if Ronaldo doesn't play, if he plays it's gonna be a tough test for the U.S. team. Germany is another ballgame and I don't think this U.S. team is up to the task.

Back
Top Bottom