Worried about Surtain | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Worried about Surtain

dolphan39

Maria & LauRen Aha!
Reaction score
having read Surtain's Iron Man streak may be in jeopardy
Patrick Surtain has not missed a game in his career, and he does not expect to miss Sunday's season opener against Detroit. But when the Dolphins returned to practice Sunday, Surtain was a spectator.

If Surtain cannot go and we do not sign another vet. CB, Fletcher would have to start opening day. That would mean Green and Fletch on the field at the same time which would be much more difficult to rotate the Ss towards that just having to cover for Fletch

Other injury info:

After missing the last two weeks with a bruised big toe, defensive tackle Tim Bowens returned to practice, as did free safety Brock Marion (knee), left guard Jamie Nails (knee) and right tackle Todd Wade (ankle). Tight end Jed Weaver (knee) and rookie cornerback Omare Lowe did not practice.

IMO he should take it easy this week and heal that groin injury.
Surtain is good enough to miss some practice and still be very effective in the game.

I'd feel better if they signed T-Buck for some depth though.:(

Originally posted by t2thejz
Hell play
I expect him too I forgot to say that I am worried about this being a recurring type of injury if he does not let it heal properly :shakeno:

No reason why we shouldn't hold him out and let him heal completely. I trust Fletcher and Green to cover Detroit.

i think that they might be better off holding him out...we could also sign tbuck and he could start...he already knows the system...i think tbuck will be signed in the next couple of days...the only reason he signed with tampa is to have a chance to start...

i think that they might be better off holding pat out...groin injuries could linger and we need him a lot more against indy than detroit...we could also sign tbuck and he could start...he already knows the system...i think tbuck will be signed in the next couple of days...the only reason he signed with tampa was to have a chance to start...

i hope we let him heal, we all saw what a groin did to bettis last year. if we can not beat detroit without surtain then the season is already in question. not to bust on detroit but their recievers are not the most intimidating. and with two very young qbs i think pass rush will help more than coverage. Wally and taylor should have a good game.

Drew Rosenhaus stated that the Dolphins were interested in picking up another DB, but were looking for someone younger.

Who cares about the Iron Man streak ....I say suit him up and if it looks like we REALLY need him in there, them throw him in there ,but If we can manage without him or blow up the score against the lions, then rest him ....we will need him for 15 more games.

Back
Top Bottom