Worst Dolphin QBs of all time | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Worst Dolphin QBs of all time

THOMAS_54 said:
All the QB's that played after Marino retired.

Agreed after Marino and before Marino. When you have a guy like Dan it's hard to replace someone like that and you get spoiled. But are all good canidadates.

Ray Lucas. (Based on personal hatred alone) :fire: :fire: :fire: 2002 was our year for Super Bowl. :yell:

Didn`t we have Dan McGwire for awhile? A 6`8" waste of space, the guy did nothing when came into the league with Seattle, and granted we had Marino when we got him, but he didn`t stay here very long either.

As for Pederson, any QB that gets Shula the all-time record for career wins is OK in my book.

Another UNCOOL Remark

SanDiegoDolphan said:
"David Woodly! Rip!"
Granted he lost the bowl he quarterbacked, but as I recall, we were in that game until Riggins ran over what's his name (McNeal?). Plus, the guy is DEAD, how uncool is it to make fun of a dead Fin? I gotta go with Ray Lucas, and I had high hopes for the guy.

Too bad you ruined a Ray Lucas hate thread with your crappy racist comment.

That aside, RAY LUCAS, no question, USDA prime No. 1 awful QB. When Jay went down, we were the best team in the NFL. Give us just ONE of those games Lucas threw away and we'd have been in the playoffs.

Prakk said:
Granted he lost the bowl he quarterbacked, but as I recall, we were in that game until Riggins ran over what's his name (McNeal?).
Riggins may have gotten by Don McNeal on that TD run, but Woodley completed ONE pass the entire second half...that sure didn`t help our chances for victory either.

SanDiegoDolphan said:
David Woodly! Rip!

David Woodly was beaten out by Dan Marino! That certainly doesn't make him a terrible QB, infact he was very promising until Marino arrived on the scene. He was temperamental like Jeff George, who by the way, excepting temperment would have could have been great.

I suppose....

Goin` Deep said:
Riggins may have gotten by Don McNeal on that TD run, but Woodley completed ONE pass the entire second half...that sure didn`t help our chances for victory either.
Yeah, well, with 11 to go in the last quarter, we were still ahead. I shouldn't have said "run over" McNeal either, McNeal found a "soft spot" in the field and his foot slipped, or that big run of Riggins that put them ahead, never would have happened. Still, Woodley had a bad day in the second half, WE WERE IN THE BOWL and WINNING, that makes him a goat? The worst quarterback? Did you ever watch Jim del Gazio play? I suppose Jim Kelly is the worst quarterback to ever play the game and Marino didn't play in any more bowls than Woodley did, and we lost the game more convincingly when he was running things.

FISHFAN44 said:
Agreed after Marino and before Marino.
Bob Griese is a HOF QB, and when he went down in 72 Earl Morrall did one helluva fill in job. The two headed tandem of WoodStrock went to a Super Bowl. I think the era before Marino is well represented.

Rick Norton has my vote, probably a little far back for some to remember but he was out of Kentucky I think and was supposed to be the second coming of Joe Namath. He signed for $400,000.00 which was a huge sum back then and all he ever did was ride the pine. If not the worst then he was certainly the first!
David Woodly didn't have all the abilities but he played with a lot of heart and always gave 100%.

what about brock huard, i could be wrong but didnt he take over right after marino retired. he was pretty bad

NJPHINFAN said:
Bob Griese is a HOF QB, and when he went down in 72 Earl Morrall did one helluva fill in job. The two headed tandem of WoodStrock went to a Super Bowl. I think the era before Marino is well represented.

Although I agree all 4 you named together couldn't fill Marino's jock. I guess I wasn't thinking when I wrote that response. Bob Greise was the first Dolphin jersey I owned. I guess I have been disgruntled after Marino was replaced with Fielder and Wanny and Jimmy Johnson kinda forsed Marino out.

Marino2234 said:
what about brock huard, i could be wrong but didnt he take over right after marino retired. he was pretty bad

Wrong, it was Damon Huard. He was the back up to Fiedler the first season AD. After Dan.

how bout steve deberg? I am the guy was pretty old when he came to miami, I think he was already collecting Social Security and was living off his AARP plan by the time he got here.

Back
Top Bottom