Worst Loss: Marino's Last Game '99/'00 or Ravens '19 & Why? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Worst Loss: Marino's Last Game '99/'00 or Ravens '19 & Why?

marino2duper73

Active Roster
Reaction score
62-7 vs Jay Fiedler with Marino on '99/'00 or 59-10 Ravens '19 as worse loss in franchise history.

I say Marino because it was not how his career should have ended. The strife with JJ, the last image of Marino standing on the sideline saying to himself "So this is how it ends?"

Today was new coach, purged roster for draft picks, and John Denney released. DENNEY released might be the jinx. I dunno.

Which one for you guys?

And why?

I know recently bias is hard to avoid but it had to be Marino's last game. Going out like that with no rings was salt in the wound.

Today sucked, though. We have a whole season of embarrassing blowouts to compare to all the **** that came before it. Should be awesome.

Why is it nothing? Come on explain!
The expectations were completely different. That playoff game vs Jacksonville I was expecting a battle maybe even a win. Not a complete dismembering of the franchise in Marino’s last game. Baltimore game is just a regular season game where they did what they were suppose to do, curb stomp a team that had no intentions of trying.

Vs Baltimore I was laughing throughout the game. Vs Jacksonville I was very upset until the following season started.

Marino all the way. Knowing at the time that win or lose, we were likely looking at his last season, I think we all wanted him to make that last miracle run and finish with the ring, he so deserved. To not only not get that ending, but to suffer the worst defeat in the team's history, in a rather classless way on Jacksonville's part, that will always leave a mark.

Today's loss more than anything to me was just insulting to our intelligence as fans. I'm prepared to go 0-16, I don't agree with the decision, I think it was stupid to acquire Rosen if this was the intent all along, but it is what is, we're clearly doing it. That said, as fans who invest years of our lives in to this franchise, spend thousands on merchandise and tickets, we deserve better. If this is gonna be the WWE, at least make it look like we're TRYING to be competitive. Never once in the 2007 season did I feel like we were actively trying to lose, it just felt like we sucked. Today felt like all it was missing was the sound effects to make it an installment of Football's Greatest Follies.

Marino's last. It was a blowout with nothing but a slow steady spiral into mediocrity for the team. Today was just a regular season game, that we were expecting to lose. This is supposed to be a painful season with ass kickings carpet bombed all throughout it. But you know they designed it for this. They wanna tank. We all know it. Everyone knows it. They want a QB. None of this means this plan will work good and bring us back to glory. But it's a plan nonetheless. We all knew this season was about Flores and a few players. It's the 1st game guys. Let's relax and see what happens.

I was attached to the outcome Marino's last game.

This game, this season, I'm totally detached emotionally when they lose. I actually endorse it since it's obvious the plan is to build through the draft.

I know recently bias is hard to avoid but it had to be Marino's last game. Going out like that with no rings was salt in the wound.

Today sucked, though. We have a whole season of embarrassing blowouts to compare to all the **** that came before it. Should be awesome.

* recency

I edited this twice and it didn't stick. I see how it is, phone.

Back
Top Bottom