Worst Loss: Marino's Last Game '99/'00 or Ravens '19 & Why? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Worst Loss: Marino's Last Game '99/'00 or Ravens '19 & Why?

Was it more painful to get embarrassed in a game to start a season where our hope is that we finish with the worst record in the league or a game where THE best player in franchise history retired by getting embarrassed on the field?

The only thing more painful about yesterday's performance is it was more recent. That's it.

62-7 vs Jay Fiedler with Marino on '99/'00 or 59-10 Ravens '19 as worse loss in franchise history.

I say Marino because it was not how his career should have ended. The strife with JJ, the last image of Marino standing on the sideline saying to himself "So this is how it ends?"

Today was new coach, purged roster for draft picks, and John Denney released. DENNEY released might be the jinx. I dunno.

Which one for you guys?

And why?
Gotta go with Marino in the playoff game as worse

There’s a whole file full of games that I consider worse losses than this one. Just because this one was less competitive than say, the 1992 AFC championship game, it doesn’t make it worse.

Losing that AFC championship game was worse. Losing in San Diego in 1994 was worse. Losing in the Super Bowl in 1984 was worse. He’ll, even losing week 16 in 1991 against the Jets in overtime with the playoffs on the line was worse.

The Marino game by far. Plus the sprinklers going off was bush league by Jacksonville. The Kellen Winslow Charges game was rough. But nothing nothing more harder than the Raiders game with the only reason Biletnikoff caught that ball was the amount of Stick'em glue all over his body. Hate the Raiders! The Patriots of Yesteryear. Ran the sprinklers all night and came prepared with proper spikes unlike us.

99 with Marino

In another 20 years people will still remember Dan but many won't remember who was the QB in 59-10.
Unfortunately the Ravens may not be the only ones to fry the fin this season.

62-7 vs Jay Fiedler with Marino on '99/'00 or 59-10 Ravens '19 as worse loss in franchise history.

I say Marino because it was not how his career should have ended. The strife with JJ, the last image of Marino standing on the sideline saying to himself "So this is how it ends?"

Today was new coach, purged roster for draft picks, and John Denney released. DENNEY released might be the jinx. I dunno.

Which one for you guys?

And why?
The 62-7 loss simply because it was a playoff game. It followed an exciting first round win over Seattle, I believe. So it was clearly unexpected for Miami to have that kind of a game.

This opener was obviously disappointing. The Dolphins look like an expansion team.

The 62-7 loss simply because it was a playoff game. It followed an exciting first round win over Seattle, I believe. So it was clearly unexpected for Miami to have that kind of a game.

This opener was obviously disappointing. The Dolphins look like an expansion team.

They are a expansion team. By design.

And yes Marino sendoff was years in the making. His knees were shot, and getting out from center was hard to watch his last few years.

All Losses Suck.!! Dan deserved a better end to his Career.!! This new team we have is going to be tough to watch. the question is for how long before we see a win.!! If it's by 1 point or 40 will it matter.? Then it will be can they do it again.

The Marino loss was way, way worse. I wasn't even that upset this past Sunday. It was worse than we expected, certainly than I did, but we had fair warning. With the Marino loss I went in with visions of glory. A local morning radio personality who was a fins fan reportedly went on a multiday bender after that jax loss and spiraled downward ever since. No comparison.

The 40-0 blowout loss in 2017 was MUCH worse than what happened on Sunday.

The bottom line is that the Ravens have a superior team, they are just a much tougher team, with better players, better coaches & better schemes.

Any wins this year will be a struggle.

They need to sort out the players that simply will NEVER be smart enough to play that brand of football, where the game plan changes from week to week.

Rashad Jones should be made an example of, the very next time he does his poor ballerina act with the press he should be suspended without pay....and HELD under contract.

Back
Top Bottom