Worst Opener I can ever remember! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Worst Opener I can ever remember!

ChuckKLINGBEIL

Hail Dolphins
Reaction score
Long time fan, been watching since the 70's. I don't post often but always looking for good points made.

I'm gonna keep this brief. A few things, besides this being one of the most laughable and hardest games I've ever watched.

1. Flores looks I little in over his head, kinda like Gase looked. That was one of the worst game plans I can ever remember.

2. I DON'T TRUST GRIER AT ALL WITH ALL THOSE PICKS!!! I don't like his track record picking guys, most of his high picks are either straight busts, or they are nearing the bust ( no impact) category.
Charles Harris, Raekwon McMillan, Cordrea Tankersley, Minkah Fitzpatrick (ugh).. So far in his 4 drafts, he has drafted 2 impact players (Howard, Tunsil), that's not a good track record. It's rather worrisome going forward.

Last edited:
It's the worst one you can remember because it was, in fact, the worst opener in team history. I believe it was also the worst home performance in team history.

Its just a game.
We have no more control over any of the decisions than controlling the weather.
More on the job training instead of bringing in a head coach that has experience.

Long time fan, been watching since the 70's. I don't post often but always looking for good points made.

I'm gonna keep this brief. A few things, besides this being one of the most laughable and hardest games I've ever watched.

1. Flores looks I little in over his head, kinda like Gase looked. That was one of the worst game plans I can ever remember.

2. I DON'T TRUST GRIER AT ALL WITH ALL THOSE PICKS!!! I don't like his track record picking guys, most of his high picks are either straight busts, or they are nearing the bust ( no impact) category.
Charles Harris, Raekwon McMillan, Cordrea Tankersley, Minkah Fitzpatrick (ugh).. So far in his 4 drafts, he has drafted 2 impact players (Howard, Tunsil), that's not a good track record. It's rather worrisome going forward.
Fortunately, I didn't see the game other than the "highlights." It looked awful in all respects. I think Miami's offensive talent is expansion team level. I thought the defense could be good, sot that's the major disappointment in week 1 anyway.

As far as Grier goes, I think his drafts have been pretty good overall. Harris, McMillan and Tankersley aside. His first draft brought Tunsil and Howard. Both have to qualify as elite. Fitzpatrick, Geisicki and Baker all have a chance to be good. Too early to judge this years' group.

Even the best GM's are going to hit and miss, but I do hear your concerns. Miami is going to have to make the right choices more often than not moving forward. First and foremost at the qb position.

I do think Gesicki looks better this year. But so far I'm not liking what I'm seeing from Minkah Fitzpatrick.

Think that game looked bad, wait until Brady and co Feast on that Swiss cheese defense. I don’t care how much these coaches know that.

It maybe that this game was a ruse to confuse the Patriots about our capabilities.

This makes as much sense as tanking, maybe more!

Back
Top Bottom