Worst Superbowl Winner Ever???? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Worst Superbowl Winner Ever????

Roman529

Moon Runner / The 3 AM Crew
Reaction score
I was wondering who you guys think is the worst team to ever win a SB?
He is my top worst teams:

1. Pittsburgh Steelers, SB 40, 2005 season
2. Oakland Raiders, SB 15, 1980 season
3. NY Giants, SB 25, 1990 season

I was wondering who you guys think is the worst team to ever win a SB?
He is my top worst teams:

1. Pittsburgh Steelers, SB 40, 2005 season
2. Oakland Raiders, SB 15, 1980 season
3. NY Giants, SB 25, 1990 season

last year's Steelers in no way deserve to be atop the list, unless you're only considering their performance in the game itself.

I thought Super Bowl XL was the most boring one to watch. The Steelers' trick play with Antawn Randle-el throwing the TD pass to Hines Ward was the only good part. The rest of the game was like watching paint dry.

Yea, it was a boring game, but there have been worse Super Bowls.

The Ravens-Giants one comes to mind.

Yea, it was a boring game, but there have been worse Super Bowls.

The Ravens-Giants one comes to mind.

That's true. The G-Men were blown out by a team quarterbacked by Trent Dilfer. Plus, the halftime show featured Britney Spears and N'Sync signing "Walk This Way" with Aerosmith. :shakeno:

I've watched Films of past Super Bowls before, I enjoy watching classics and my uncle had a bunch of them video taped.

Anyways, I have to say that last year's Super Bowl was by far the worst. I'm dead serious, it was pathetic. The performance was bad, the referees blow'd and so did both offenses.

The Rose Bowl IMO was a better game than the Super Bowl. I expected much more from a Steeler vs Seahawks game, I actually thought it would be a fun championship match to watch, but I was deeply dissapointed. It's also dissapointing to us Super Bowl party hosts.

I believe last years Steelers would have a hard time beating almost any SB champ of years passed.

I think because of Phil Sims being hurt the Giants probably would top that top 3 list. But all three of those teams had some sensational players on them, i dont know if i'd rank any of them as necessarily "BAD".

The 69 Jets?

I've watched Films of past Super Bowls before, I enjoy watching classics and my uncle had a bunch of them video taped.

Anyways, I have to say that last year's Super Bowl was by far the worst. I'm dead serious, it was pathetic. The performance was bad, the referees blow'd and so did both offenses.

The Rose Bowl IMO was a better game than the Super Bowl. I expected much more from a Steeler vs Seahawks game, I actually thought it would be a fun championship match to watch, but I was deeply dissapointed. It's also dissapointing to us Super Bowl party hosts.

You're going to have to do a bangup job explaining how the Steelers-Seahawks Super Bowl was worse than Super Bowl 5 between the Baltimore Colts and Dallas Cowboys, which featured 11 turnovers, including 5 fumbles, and was probably the sloppiest Super Bowl ever played.

methinks some people are biased due to their age.....last year's Super Bowl, bad as it was, was nowhere near the worst, and the Steelers were nowhere near the worst Super Bowl winner.

Super Bowl 5's Baltimore Colts come to mind...

Hostetler led Giants...

even the 2001 Baltimore Ravens deserve a nod because while they were a suffocating defense, they had the worst offense of any Super Bowl winner in history and were horribly one-sided. That type of team would not have won in the 80's. Montana would have found a way.

2002 Tampa Bay Bucaneers maybe too.

Back
Top Bottom