Worst Wanny Move | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Worst Wanny Move

SQuinn17

League Dominator
Reaction score
Sup guys/girls? Im chillin at work and was reading a bunch of old stuff about our team and i was wondering what everybody thought was the worst Dave Wannstedt move as head coach of the Dolphins? Personally, I think drafting Jamar Fletcher was about as big a mistake as Id ever seen. But then again, sticking with Jay for as long as he did was pretty crummy as well. What do you all think?

Trading a 2004 second rounder to New England for New Englands 2003 third rounder. That pick we got turned into Wade Smith. The Patriots took that pick the Dolphins gave them and turned it into Corey Dillon. Excuse me while I vomit.

Venez1284 said:
Trading a 2004 second rounder to New England for New Englands 2003 third rounder. That pick we got turned into Wade Smith. The Patriots took that pick the Dolphins gave them and turned it into Corey Dillon. Excuse me while I vomit.

That was incredibly stupid! I mean, their our freaking rival! :mad:

Feeley for an extremely high second was stupid too. An unproven player like that is worth a 5th, maybe 4th round pick.

to be fair Fletcher was a good player in college--i think the problem was that wanny was probably out of his depth--and we cant blame all the draft picks just on him--He did want to win after all

I see those as related. Brees was available in that draft, but Wanny was worried about the salary cap impact of having a 1st rd QB on the bench. He thought JF would be good enough and we had been burned by poor play in the nickle D the year before. He also said that Brees wasn't that much better than JF.

It's pretty much the exact same arguments people are using to not draft a QB this year. The salary cap...AJ will be good enough...our running game sucked last year...These QBs don't have anymore potential than AJ...LOL

Hopefully Saban avoids making the same mistake.

I think his worse move was Fletcher. He should of traded down if that was all the "value" that was there.

ih8brady said:
Feeley for an extremely high second was stupid too. An unproven player like that is worth a 5th, maybe 4th round pick.

That was actually all Spielman, Wanny had no involvement in that trade whatsoever. If you remember he had already lost his peronnel power by then, so you can't blame Wanny for that.

Back
Top Bottom