Worst Week 17 "Playoff" Letdown: 2002, 2013 or 2020? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Worst Week 17 "Playoff" Letdown: 2002, 2013 or 2020?

I have a hierarchy of my 3 all time most painful losses:
-vs Pats in 2002.
-The playoff game to the Chargers in 1995(1994 season) that they blew a 21-3 and lost because of an effin SAFETY.
-Super Bowl 17.
In any order. Last week's loss is not even close. We were an upstart, feisty team that had a good season. We are not yet in the class of some of these good playoff teams.
So clearly, 2002. The previous posters summed up well why. Last legit chance to be a Super Bowl participant, and the rot settled in after.
I despise Dave Wannstedt. Every time I see his ugly mug I want to shave his stupid mustache.

I thought the 2003 team was better than the 2002 team, but after reading a lot of the posts I think I may agree that the 2002 loss was the worst of the 3 in terms of looking at the bigger picture of the franchise

2002 was easily the worst year in sports I’ve ever watched from my point of view.

Giants choked the WS away.
Fins choked the playoffs away.
Canes got screwed in the National Championship.

**** sandwich all the way around.

2002. Worst choke/ fantastic way to lose in the last 3 minutes. Possible SB team. Horrible memory.

2002. Especially since they started the season 5-1. That season will always bug me as I'll always wonder what would have been if Fiedler didn't get hurt

I thought the 2003 team was better than the 2002 team, but after reading a lot of the posts I think I may agree that the 2002 loss was the worst of the 3 in terms of looking at the bigger picture of the franchise
The 2002 team went from being SO good to being SO disappointing down the stretch. Just like all those Pro Bowl loaded defenses (which season did we have 6-7 defensive starters?) which fell short at the end.

That playoff loss at the SD Chargers in the mid 90s was worse than those 3 games.

Back
Top Bottom